- Chapter 23: Suprises

Start from the beginning

"Grandma... it's okay, don't think about that, I'm here right now and I can spent time with you here. I'm happy that I can be together with you again... even if it's just for a short time. Grandma I love you. I wish I can do something to help you. But my hands are tied. It makes me so sad to see how your state is going worse and worse..And I can do nothing. That's why I wanted to make many memories with you. So you will remember them all until you will leave... Speaking of memories...How about taking a photo together like the old times?" She winked at her grandma.

"Of course, sweetie"
Y/N ran up to her back to grab her Polaroid camera, she packed in her bag for the trip to the beach. 
It gave her grandma some spare time to brush her tears out her face before Y/N returned to her, so she didn't had to see her crying face.

Yesterday during the tests with Dr. Kim, he told her how long she was going to have.
In less than a month it was happening.
He gave her at best 3 weeks...
Then Mrs. Y/L/N would leave everything behind her.

Her illness,
her pain,
unfortunately her husband and Hoseok.
But most importantly her Y/N.
Her everything.
Y/N was the only reason why Mr. Y/L/N kept fighting against the illness, no matter what. She needed to be strong until Hoseok would make her last wish coming true.
And She did it.
But... it made it worse.
Forcing herself to pretend to be in a good condition, made her pain worse.
And still Mrs. Y/N/L wanted to show everybody that she was okay. That it wasn't as bad as it seemed and if she was going to leave, everybody would have a happy memory of her, where she seemed to be normal again and not a broken wreck....
That was her last goal. So she kept fighting and fighting plus hiding everything, even if it was going to shorten her life time.
And telling this to Y/N wasn't an option either. It would break her heart.
It was better for Y/N not to know when the day would arrive, because then Y/N wouldn't leave the side of her grandma at all and she would enjoy her life either. Especially with the thing about Hoseok.

Trying to get distracted from these thoughts Mrs. Y/L/N asked her granddaughter:
"Is it new? What happened with the old one?"

"It's a new one. I got it from Hobi and his friends to my birthday! I couldn't take the old one with me. You know...I had to give up everything, because of the witness protection program, you remember? I was barely allowed to keep any photos, but still I took that one from the park with me...As a memory of you two."
The girl explained while fixing her camera.

"Ok, ready ?" She asked while sitting close to her grandma.
'Click'  a flashlight appeared before the camera started to print the picture.
"This one is for you and...", she hold the camera up again for a second picture, " and this one is for me."
She grinned from ear to ear.
"Thank you, Y/N, I will treasure it."

A soft knock was heard a the door. Hoseoks head popped up. "Y/N, are you rea- Wow you look so pretty! Who braid your hair?"
"Grandma" she said poudly.
"Mi Jung you can do something like that? Wow, being talented in everything runs in the family, I guess!" He was fascinated from Y/N hair while entering the room in his usual clothes. He wore an all black outfit.
His work shift was over.

"Thank you", she chuckled, "now go, I don't want to stop you from your date. Have fun! And Hoseok, don't do anything stupid!"
"Got it" he said while having a huge smile on his face.
He was so excited for their date. Secretly he was hoping Y/N would like the small surprise he planned at the beach.

"Alright let's go. Oh, Mi Jung, Dr. Kim will look after you in the afternoon. He was talking about some check ups and tests again, as far U remember."
"Ah ok, Thank you Hoseok-Ah."
He bowed down and left with Y/N.

Hoseok's POV:

"Can I connect my phone? For some music ?"
"Yeah sure."
I gave her the cable for connecting the phone to  music player.