Chapter Eighteen

Guys just want to let you know that I had uploaded another story :)) It's called son of a preacher man, well if you have some time hoping you can check it :))

Probably the third to the last chapter of Marrying a businessman :((

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Carl’s POV)

“He quitted?” I say as I stood up in shock. “That can’t happen! I mean, what happened to his stocks?” I gulp once again, not knowing what to think anymore, or maybe what to really feel.

“Sir, Mr. Fredrick has already sold his stocks to Mr. Martinez.” He checks his folder, seems like looking for some complications. “And another thing, it seems like the company is under crisis. The stock holders are calling for a meeting with you about this.” He says. I just simply look at him indicating him to get out of my place.

I look towards Derek who doesn’t seem to be moved by the news. “What are you planning now? He’s the one who run away from the problems you created, and now you’re at a big mess.” He simply says, but knowing him he’s thinking of a way to help me with this.

“I don’t care what happen to the company, but my plan!” I almost shouted out of frustration, I don’t want to talk about my revenge over and over again; it makes me look like a psycho. “I wouldn’t see how terrible Justine is, I want to see him crying and weeping! I want to see his downfall.” I whispered to myself, but audibly heard by Derek.

“Carl, will you calm down?” He asks me, looking at me sternly. I shook my head, but followed his order; I walk towards his side, sitting beside him. “Good, we’ll think of a way to solve your problems.” He added as he puts up a fake warming smile.

“I’m sorry to drag you into this.” I said, looking at his eyes intently.

I definitely know that he’s the one getting hurt on what I do; I focused on my past since we arrived back at this place, giving him the time he truly deserves. Even though he’s hurt he still supports me, I don’t know how much he loves me to do this because every time I say Justine’s name he flinches.

“It’s fine babe.” He says trying to hide what he really feels; I can see it through his eyes. He’s trying to smile even though deep inside he wants to tell me something different. “Maybe we need to take a break first, think of something when we wake up. What do you think?” He asks, and I simply nod, not wanting to disappoint him any longer.

We stood up, and walks towards the bedroom until we reaches the bed, and simply lay in there. All I can hear is heavy breathing from me, and Derek. “You know that I love you right?” I ask him, turning my head to face him.

He turns his head to face me, to see a gleeful smile, not the fake ones he showed a while ago “I’m truly glad to hear that because you know that I love you very much.” He says, and we just stare at each other. Not knowing what to say anymore. “Babe.” He said, sounding like he’s going to ask something.

“Yes babe?” I answered, not moving from my position.

“I don’t know if this is too much to ask, but…” there was a slight pause, it seems like he’s in a rough thoughts. His eyes aren’t focused on me anymore, it’s like he’s not sure if he’s going to continue with the question or not. “Babe, can you stop all of this already?” and that is where my eyes widened.

I sit up, plainly looking at the door in front of me. “Babe… I don’t know.” I said, still sounded a little bit stunned. “I mean I can’t stop now, I’m already at the peak of it.” I stopped for a while thinking of other things to say, just to justify myself, and that is where it all comes… I clearly forgot why I started this whole thing; it’s because of my father.