Chapter Three

(Carl’s POV)

Sadly, but I have classes today. I don’t know how will I face Rack, he doesn’t know anything about my engagement yet, but I think he’ll go berserk when he knows about it. Rack is the possessive type, and he doesn’t want anything that belongs to him to be touched by others. I guess I need to go hiding from him today, I don’t know what to do if I face him.

I’m on my way to my locker when I saw Rack right beside it; I bet he is waiting for me. God, this is his first time doing this, and why of all time today?! He can do this tomorrow or the day after tomorrow, he doesn’t even need to do this! Why does everybody get sweeter when there is a huge problem going on? Is destiny trying to kill me by using my conscience?

“Hey Baby.” I said once I’m in front of him, I put my best ‘fake smile’ I can ever bring. “Ahmm… So what brought you here in my locker?” I ask and even wince. Am I obvious that I’m hiding something? I even curled up my hair using my pen! Oh my god, I definitely need to work on my acting skills.

“Good morning Babe, I just want to see you, and talk about things.” He said with a serious tone. Oh my gosh! Who told him? It’s definitely my Girl-friends who told him! I will surely interrogate them one by one, and once I know who it is. I’ll torture her badly; I’ll color her hair like a rainbow sprang up in heaven. I’ll destroy her nail polish! And I will make her look like a clown, and force her to walk in the campus in short I’ll make her life a living hell. I swear that!

“Wa-what do you mean?” I said I can’t even put up a fake smile anymore. I bet he is so angry deep inside; he is just hiding it so he can burst it all out later. I need to find something that will protect me from Rack, the locker! Perfect the locker will do the trick for me, wait will it? I will surely kill whoever that told Rack about my engagement.

“Huh? I don’t mean anything; I just want to ask you out tonight. You know maybe we can hang out, and have some good time.” He said, looking at me suspiciously. “Are you hiding something?” God, now it’s my fault. Did I over react? Definitely, but tell me who wouldn’t be scared if you are in my situation? It took me a little while just to have the man that I love, and I can lose him with just a single word!

I need to say the best thing, or I will end up destroying my whole life.

“Ha—hiding… hiding what?” I am so going to hell, that is the worst lie I can ever say.  I look at him like he is going nuts, but the truth is that I am the one going nuts. You know the return thingy that people talks about! Oh God, my feet want to run away. Gladly I am able to hold them still, or for sure Rack will be all over running just to catch me, and make me speak out about the arrangement…. Can I just die right now?

“Come on Babe, I know you’re hiding something. You’re not good at lying.” He said, looking at me seriously. I can even feel cold sweat dripping down my forehead. I must admit, if there is one thing that I’m not good at that is lying. My father raised me to be honest, and it’s his fault why I can’t lie perfectly. I’ll make my dad pay for that later; he’ll pay for it in a painful way.

“Okay! I’ll tell you what it is, but promise me you’ll try to understand me. This will sound a little bit crazy, but you need to listen to me, and don’t act irrationally until I’m not finish explaining, you got it?” I commanded because I know everything sounds suspicious, but he needs to promise me that he will try to understand me. This guy roars like a dinosaur when he doesn’t like what’s going on, and that’s the reason why my mind tells me to run away already.

“Don’t tell me you did something with someone!” He said accusingly, he is clenching his teeth I can clearly see that. Made me remember the day that I’ve said something not so nice to him, and he also clenched his teeth like this, and the next thing I know we were in the counseling office.