Ch.7 The Guessing Game

"I-I'm so sorry!!"

...Huh?

It's currently the next day. Kunikida, Dazai, Tanizaki, Naomi, Atsushi, and I were at the diner that was located on the first floor of the agency's building. Tanizaki and his little sister sat across the table from Atsushi and I. Dazai and Kunikida sat at the counter across the floor from our table.

Tanizaki was currently bowing to my brother and I as he waitress brings everyone tea. He was very apologetic towards us. From the corner of my eye, I can see Dazai unable to take his eyes off the waitress as she goes back behind the counter to serve him and Kunikida.

"I'm very sorry. I know it was part of the test, but I feel bad... My name is Tanizaki Junichiro. I'm kind of like an assistant at the agency."

"Please, don't worry about it." Atsushi smiles.

"All is forgiven." I simply add while folding my arms behind my head.

Tanizaki smiles as he sits down. He points towards Naomi.

"And this is-"

"Jun-sama's sister, Naomi!" she happily interrupts.

Saying this, she wraps her arms around her brother. Her provocative actions left Atsushi and I aghast.

"Y-You're related? But your faces and your hair color don't seem that similar..." Atsushi thinks out loud.

"Oh? You don't believe me?" Naomi asks.

She slides her hand inside Tanizaki's shirt, and lovingly caresses his body. Okay, I'm uncomfortable.

"We're definitely related. I promise. We're especially similar around here~."

She slides her hand around, making Tanizaki nervous.

"N-Naomi, not here."

"Oh? But you like it brother, right?"

She leans towards him until they fall down into the seat. They disappear behind the table doing...something.

"But..."

"Some things are better left unpursued." Kunikida advices Atsushi.

He stood next to our table, facing us.

"O-Okay."

"In any case, kids, you're both are members of the Armed Detective Agency now. Don't do anything that others, or anything that tarnishes the reputation of the agency."

"No promises." I replied.

Kunikida glares at me.

"That is the one thing that everyone makes sure they do. Isn't that right, Dazai?"

Paying no attention to Kunikida, Dazai continues to flirt with the waitress. He held her hand in his, tracing his fingers along her palm.

"I don't suppose you could strangle me with these delicate hands of yours?"

"Oh~, just do what Dazai-san does." I smirk.

"No! And you! Stop tarnishing the agency's reputation the goddamn moment I say you won't! You never cease to do this! Don't worry about borrowing the hands of a woman. I'll strangle you with my manly hands instead!"

Kunikida stomps over to Dazai and proceeds to strangle him. I had my phone out as I took video.

"Oh boy..." Atsushi sighs to himself.

I just giggle.

"Um...by the way, what did you two do before you joined the agency?" my brother questions the two idiot detectives.