Ch.26 Kidnapped

I can't believe I got a great deal. Atsushi's going to be so happy.

It's the evening time, and I was currently leaving the shopping district with at least fifteen bags in my hands. I wanted to go home and surprise my twin with dinner.

I'm a very good cook. I was going to make him ochazuke, his favorite.

"I can't wait to make dinner for my big brother~!" I happily sang as I walk.

I was humming and doing little dances as I walked. I earned some odd glances, but I didn't care. I was in a cooking mood. So I better get home and cook before I change my mood. Cause once I'm in a sleepy mood, I'll go home and go right to bed. I do a lot of things with my different moods.

Anywho, I wasn't paying attention to where I was going. As I turned the corner, I collide with someone. I end up falling on my butt as my bags go everywhere.

"No~, my great deals~." I whine as I dramatically stretch my arm towards my food.

"What's the big idea?!" I snap at the person who caused me to fall.

"Sorry, Ori-chan~."

"Dazai-san?"

Dazai helps me stand.

"Were you shopping?"

"Yes, I'm actually heading home now. I'm going to surprise Atsushi with dinner. It's been so long since I cooked for him. And since I'm in a mood, I'm going to make him ochazuke."

"I can see that. Here, let me help."

So he helps me pick up the food. After that, we start walking home together. 

"Your brother's lucky if your cooking for him. I remember your cooking." Dazai smiles to himself.

"It's been awhile hasn't it?"

"Yeah...I would love it if you could cook for me one of these days, just like when we were younger. Your food was always amazing with a good drink."

I instantly blush.

He wants me to cook for him again? I wouldn't mind, but I would panic over the food. I would have to make sure it's extra perfect.

"Don't over think it. I'll eat anything you cook." Dazai interrupts my thoughts.

"I-I wasn't thinking about that!" I protest.

"Oh? Well, ever since you started showing emotion, you've become easier to read. Just like Kunikida-kun."

"Don't you compare me to him. We're nothing alike. He's always mad."

"But he means well..."

"True..."

"I noticed that you used your ability in front of him. Are you not worried about the others knowing what your ability is?"

"...I just wasn't thinking. Sasaki made me very mad. She hurt a friend of ours, so I hurt her back..."

"Well, when you want to tell them, let me know. That way, I'll be there when you do. Just so it's easier for you."

I smile.

"Your very kind, thank you."

"Anything for you, little copy."

"Really? Anything at all? Cause you still owe me a favor." I smirk at him.

"And you owe me one, remember? I didn't swipe your necklace for nothing."

"You did what?"

Dazai instantly caught his mistake.

"Nothing." he quickly answers.

"You took my necklace?! Just so you can make me owe you a favor?! When did you take it?!"

"...When we were in the taxi, on the way to the hospital."

"Your favor is out the window."

"What~?! No~! I need something to stop your favor if I don't want to do it."

"Too bad. You should of thought of that before tricking me."

"But, Ori-chan~."

I walk ahead of him as he whines like a child. I couldn't help but giggle a little.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

The two of us were just chatting and enjoying each others' company, when a little girl walks up to us.

She had blue eyes and dark blue hair tied into two low twintails with flower pins in them. She donned a red kimono with pattern of what looks like sprouts, with a yellow datejime neatly around tied. She also had long white socks and sandals. On her arms, she appears to wear yellow and red wrist pads. Lastly, the girl carried a tiny rabbit doll and a cellphone formed as a necklace.

She's pretty. Also, her phone seemed to be ringing.

The mysterious girl grabs Dazai's sleeve.

"Huh? Me?" Dazai points to himself.

"...Found you two."

The girl takes her still-ringing phone in her hand and finally answers. Suddenly, the area around us and the girl turns to violet color. 

"...This can't be good..." I said.

Dazai and I just look up at her ability before blacking out. 

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

Ugh...my head. I sit up and look at my surroundings. I'm in a dark, blood-stained, torture room. I was bonded to the wall by a long metal chain. It was connected to a metal collar around my neck. I tug on it a little. This thing is tight.

"Great, so I'm a dog now."

"Well, you're a cute dog to me."

I look up to my left to see Dazai next to me. Dazai had chains around his wrists that bonded him to the same wall as I was. I cross my legs as I fully sit up.

"...No matter how strong one may be, a pawn is but a pawn.."

I face forward to see Akutagawa hang up a phone. His back was to us. Okay, what happened? What did I miss? Akutagawa turns around and faces Dazai.

"What about you? Are you a pawn, or a hand that guides the pawns? Or perhaps...a pawn just waiting for his own demise?"

Dazai just smirks in return.

...Okay, what is going on?