- chapter two -

- due to your lovely comments, i have decided to continue this series! look out for more updates in the future ;) -

"So, when are you going to call Tew?" Kongpob asked Dae, who was lying face down on Kongpob's guest bed.

"I was planning on never," came the muffled reply. The boy rolled around on the bed to face Kong but kept the deep frown on his face.

Kongpob laughed, "Dae, you have to call him he's your boyfriend."

Dae just grumbled, "I told you before, he's going to be so overbearing about it, I can't handle it right now. I'll just get angry with him for being so clingy but he doesn't deserve that. I don't know how to be a good boyfriend right now," Dae says sighing into the pillow.

Kong went to sit down on the bed beside him, and the younger boy looked up at him with wide eyes.

"You don't have to be perfect right now. Your relationship is still new, so I get why your feeling this way but you're allowed to ask for help when you need it. You're not a burden to anyone," Kong said sincerely.

"I know, it's just that, we fought a lot before we got together. He was too persistent and I hated it, it made me feel uncomfortable. I'm just... trying to avoid that side of him until we both get a chance to cool off," Dae said, eyes wandering to stare out the window.

"How's he supposed to know that you don't want him to be worried about you when you won't talk to him? Have you even texted him since you left?" Kong asked.

Dae stared guilty down at his hands.

Kong smiled at the younger boy, "Text him. At least tell him that you're okay and you need some time."

Kong stood up and left Dae alone to process his words.

Dae shuffled over to reach for his phone on the nightstand. He had turned it off before he went to sleep, not wanting to see any potential messages that he might receive during the night.

When Dae turned his phone on, he had 11 messages and 7 missed calls.

tew <3:    hey just seeing how u are cause i haven't heard from you in like two days haha                   -9:47pm

You missed a call from tew <3                  - 9:50pm

tew <3:    daeeee            - 10:12pm

tew <3:    Daeeeee            - 10:13pm

tew <3:    DAE             - 10:14pm

You missed a call from tew <3               - 10:15pm

tew <3:    are you okay?             - 10:37pm

tew <3:    if i did something im sorry              - 10:40pm

You missed a call from tew <3                - 10:43pm

  You missed a call from tew <3              - 10:46pm 

You missed a call from tew <3               - 10:48pm

tew <3:     i miss u             - 11:32pm

  You missed a call from tew <3               - 11:37pm

tew <3:   :(             - 11:39pm

tew <3:    dae pls msg me back im rly worried about u            - 11:55pm

  You missed a call from tew <3            - 12:01am

tew <3:    i think u must have turned ur phone off            - 12:03am

tew <3:   pls call me in the morning :(            - 12:04am

Dae turned his phone off again.

...

Tew didn't understand, and he really didn't like not understanding. For three whole days now, Dae hasn't responded to any of his messages, hasn't picked up his calls, hasn't shown up at the cafe they used to meet at during Tew's breaks. It had just been complete and utter silence from Dae, and Tew just couldn't figure out what he did.

He wanted to call Kongpob and ask him, but he doubted that the other would know anything about Dae's whereabouts. The two of them hadn't really had much to do with each other since Kong and Tew's graduation. They had seen each other maybe once at a party, when Tew had insisted that Dae come along for Kongpob's graduation party. Other than that, Tew didn't really know who he could turn to for help.

He could go to Dae's uncle's house, where Dae most likely would be but Dae's uncle didn't seem to be particularly fond of Tew judging by the one and only time Tew had come over to get Dae. His uncle hadn't said a word to him, just stared at him with something akin to disgust and gestured that Dae would be out soon. He also didn't know if Dae would want him coming over if he was so intent on avoiding Tew.

His rational brain told him that he was being paranoid, that maybe Dae had just lost his phone and couldn't get in contact with him, but another part of his brain knew that even if he had lost his phone, wouldn't he still try to contact Tew? Wouldn't he still show up to the cafe where he knew they met every Thursday?

Tew didn't like being confused. He preferred direct action, so here he was, standing outside the front of Dae's university building, desperate for answers.

Tew tried to think of other reasons why Dae would be so angry with him and the glaring issue always in the corner of his mind jumped out at him. Ever since Tew started working at his new job, the time he spent with Dae was scarce to say the least. Although they met up every Thursday almost religiously, and Tew made sure to message Dae every night to see how he was, they didn't really have much other time to see each other.

Maybe Dae was ignoring him because he felt neglected, maybe he was discontent with their relationship because they never really spent any time together, maybe Dae doesn't want to be in a relationship anymore, maybe he's changed his mind.

Just as Tew's thoughts began to spiral, he saw Dae exit his university building. He watched him as he walked straight out the doors and down the stairs, walking in Tew's direction. Then Dae's eyes finally found his and all of Tew's fears were realised. The casual smile fell off of Dae's face as he made eye contact with Tew, and then Dae looked away and walked in the other direction. Tew watched him as he walked through the parking lot and got into a car.

Kongpob's car.

Tew wondered what he had done to fuck up this badly.

- aww :( don't worry guys everything will be okay eventually. dae's just got to pull his head out of his ass first ;)  -

- next chapter focuses more on the kong/arthit relationship! -