Chap 9: Those Gold Eyes

The boys were outside at the place where you got in from. Ryuji was leaning on his knees panting, as was Morgana. Akira switched to carrying you piggy-back as he gasped foe air. Ryuji stood up. "Anyways!" Ryuji turned to Morgana and Akira. "I don't remember changin' into this!" Ryuji said as looked at himself. "It looks good on you." Akira said. Finally catching his breath. Ryuji scratch his head. "Uhh... Should I be happy about that? ...Then again, it ain't as bad as yours." Ryuji said and Akira had a dead-pan face. You shifted on Akira's back. "Ngh... My head..." You said as you held your head. "Rise and shine, beautiful." Akira said. You gave him a dead-pan look. "Put me down and stop with the flirting." You said. Akira did so, but as soon as he did you collapsed. He caught you again and put one of your arms over his shoulder. "Did you find them?!" A Shadow yelled. "Quiet!" Morgana whisper shouted at you. "No. Search that way!" Another Shadow said. Ryuji had a serious look on his face. "So what's goin' on? I'm completely lost man...!" Ryuji asked. "I told you before. When a Persona-user opposes a Palace's ruler and become a threat to them, this happens. It's to prevent you from being affected by distortions." Morgana said. Ryuji felt the mask on his face. "Is this... a skull?" Ryuji asked. "Your appearance refects your inner self. It's the rebel soul that slumbers within..." Morgana said and looked to his side. "...Not that you'll get it." Ryuji hung his head. "Nope..." Ryuji said. You rolled your eyes.
"Then stop asking questions and accept what you see for what it is." Morgana said. Ryuji crossed his arms. "Easy for you to say." Ryuji said, but his expression changed to one of panic. "Wait, we're in deep shit!" Ryuji said. "I said to be quiet!" Morgana said. "We might've gotten away here, but we're still screwed with Kamoshida at the real school..." Ryuji said. You gave him a surprised look. He actually used his head! "That's quite sharp of you! ...For being an idiot. Relax. The Kamoshida in reality can't possibly know about what happens here. A Shadow is the true self that is surppessed--a side of one's personality they don't want to see." Morgana said. 'A side of someone they don't want to see...' You thought. You held you head again as a Tarot card came into your mind.  "My... true... self..." You muttered. Akira looked at you with worry. "...So we're okay?" Ryuji asked. Morgana crossed his arms. "Did the Kamoshida in reality remember about the execution?" Morgana asked. Ryuji's face had a look of realization. "There you have it." Morgana said. But you where still in your thoughts. Your head felt dizzy and you couldn't think straight. You where snapped out of your dizziness as Akira hoisted you up and put an arm on your waist to keep you up. You were slipping from him. You blushed a bit. "S-Sorry..." You said. Akira gave you a small smile and looked back at Ryuji. "All right! Now that we know that, all we gotta do is--" Ryuji was interrupted by Morgana. "Wait. I guided you as promised. It's your turn to cooperate with me." Morgana said and the hree of you looked at him in confusion. "What are talking about, Morgana?" You asked. "That's why I was super nice about teaching you idiots everything." Morgana said. "Huh? Cooperate?" Ryuji asked. Morgana looked at his side. "Don't you remember? I originally came here for an investigation. I need to erase the distorrion from my body and regain my real form! That's why we must delve deep into Mementos and--" Ryuji interrupted him. "Whoa, hold up. What're you goin' on and on about? We never said anything about helpin' you out." Ryuji said and Morgana had a look of shock. "Huh? Don't tell me... Are you not going to repay me the hospitality I showed you? Especially you two! You're going to up and leave, even though you're already part of my master plan?!" Morgana said. Akira sweat-dropped and you gave Morgana a sad and confused look. He did help you out quite a bit. "What plan?" Akira asked. "Is it because I'm not human...? Because I'm like a cat...? Is that why you're making a fool of me?!" Morgana said. "We're busy!" Ryuji patted Morgana's head. "Thanks for everything, cat. You've got guts, bein' a cat and all!" Ryuji said and turned around.  "See you around!" Ryuji ran off. Akira was about to follow the blonde, but you got out of his grasp and knelled down to Morgana.  "I'll repay you someday, Morgana. I promise." You said and kissed his forehead. Morgana blushed and Akira picked you up again and carryed you off. Morgana got out of his trance and realized you three were running off. "Hey! What the hell?! Ugh, seriously! Why're you wrapping this up like everything's all hunky-dory?!" Morgana had a red tick mark on his head. "Oh hell no! Get back here! ...Gre... GRAAGGGHHH!" Morgana yelled as you, Akira and Ryuji made it back to reality.