Grievance

You sat in the police station, leaning on Chara's shoulder. It had had been an hour since Chara had found you at your house with your dead aunt. You told her you wanted revenge on whoever murdered her. So, Chara took you to the station, where you could start an investigation.

   You were quiet the entire time while the both of you waited. You had nothing to say, anyways. After a few more minutes, an older woman in a police outfit came out. "(Y/N)? What're you doing here?" She asked, and you looked at her.

   She uses to be an old friend of your mother's. Her name was Desire Aldene. She was a petite yet strong lady who came from many different races. She had straight black hair (it was originally blonde but she dyes her hair often) and tanned skin, which made her green eyes shine beautifully. Your mother and her worked together often, those two being the best police women on the team.

   Her beautiful orbs scanned yours. You quickly looked away, sighing. "My aunt......" You quietly mumbled, your voice raw from sobbing. You looked back up at Desire, your eyes shining with pure pain and sadness. 

  She then realized what had happened. "Oh no.. (A/N) is ....?" You nodded, still not making eye contact with her. But something felt a little off. You didn't know what, but something's just wasn't right.

  Desire leaned over, then gave you an extremely tight hug. You instantly hugged back, a few more tears slipping out from your puffy red eyes. She whispered words of comfort, gently rubbing your back. After a few minutes, she let you go. "Alright. Tell me what happened."

 ~~~

  "So, when you came home from school, you searched around your house. Then when you went to the backyard, you found your aunt dead?" She repeated, writing everything down. You nodded, looking around. On the desk was a picture of your parents, and Desire. They were all smiling.

  "Was there a knife anywhere?" She asked, rubbing her face. Desire seemed pretty exhausted. But it was almost midnight after all. You should your head. "N-no...."

   Chara shifted in her seat, then cleared her throat. "Excuse me, ma'am. But how did you know that there was a knife involved if we didn't even mention her being stabbed to death?" 

  Desire cleared her throat, sitting up straight. "Well, I never implied that she was stabbed to death. I am merely asking if there was a knife. Or maybe even a gun. All I want to know is if there wae any kind of weapon in the murder scene."

   They stared at each other for a moment or two, then looked away. During the rest of the interrogation, they glanced angrily at each other. Looks like those two won't be friends any time soon.

  "All right," Desire stood up. "I'll have the forensic guys inspect the body. See if they can find any kind of DNA. Until then, I recommend you stay with somebody you trust. If I know a thing or two about murder, there's always a reason. Nobody just randomly kills people. And if whoever did this had a motive, I doubt they'd take it out on just one person." 

   You nodded, standing up, along with Chara. Desire gave you a sweet smile, and a glare to Chara. Chara instantly returned the glare, then walked out. Before you left, Desire pulled you back. "Be careful of that girl. I've heard about her. She used to be some genocidal maniac. Watch her closely. For all you know, she could've been the one to murder your aunt." 

  You gulped. "Chara? But she's so nice. She's forgiven her past mistakes, and regrets them. She's a changed person." You explained, heading towards the door.

  "Alright. But don't say I didn't warn ya." Then you walked out. Chara stood outside the door, leaning against the wall. "Hey, what happened? You look a little shook. Is everything alright?" She put a hand on your shoulder, frowning.

   For a split second, you saw her eye flicker red and her hands covered with dust and blood. You blinked, then everything went back to normal. 

  "U-uh, yeah.. I'm.. I'm alright. Let's just.... Let's just go to your place and rest for a l-little. Today's been a long day..." You mumbled, feeling a little uneasy. 

   "Alright.." Chara tightly grabbed onto your hand, then walked out the police station with you. What Desire said was stuck in your mind.

   Did Chara really kill my aunt? 

SHORT CHAPTER I KNOW

NEXT ONE WILL BE LONGER