Prologue

"Aaaaaaaah!"

  A scream rung out through the hallway of the school. You were just walking out from your last period, mathematics, when you heard that bloodcurdling noise. 

   You looked around, and heard another scream of fear. As if by instinct, you run towards the noise. What if someone's hurt?  ​​​​​​

  You weren't the kind of person just to abandon somebody in need. Fearlessly, you ran around the hallway corner to the left, and kept running straight down. That's when you saw it.

  A small puddle of blood forming around a small monster. Their entire body was shaking. From fear or pain, maybe both? You couldn't tell. Shocked, you thought about running away for a moment, until you felt someone grab your wrist tightly.

  "Well, well well." They purred, holding your wrist even tighter. "What do we got here? Little old (Y/N) is trying to be a hero, huh?"

   You turned your face around and saw bigger monster than the one lying on the ground. It was some kind of giant crocodile, with solid yellow eyes and sharp, glistening teeth that could make even Undyne scared. 

  You whimpered, trying to tug your arm away from them. No use, this monster is too strong. 

  The monster heard your verbal fear, and laughed bitterly. "Aw, she's scared. Who's going to save her now?"

Suddenly, you felt pain searching throughout your entire body as you were slammed against a locker. "Agh!" 

  Tears swelled your eyes as you struggled ​​​​​​​​​​against the tight grip on your arms. With a deep breath, you called out for help. But nobody came. The monster chuckled once more.

  "Aw, what a shame! Nobody will get to hear your screams of agony as I beat the hell out of you~" As they let one of you arms go to punch you in the face, you heard them yell in pure pain, then slump down to the ground. You fell, sliding down the lockers since that had been supporting you fell unconscious.

On the other side was a girl around your age with short brown hair and beautiful red eyes. With a smirk on her face, she kicked the body to the other side of the hallway, walking past you and over to the monster on the ground. 

  Her eyes clouded over once she saw who it was. "Asriel." She mumbled, tears falling down her face. You ran over to her, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Hey... It's going to be alright. I'll call and ambulance." You pulled out your phone, and started instantly dialing a number in.

  The girl looked back at you, her mouth curled into a frown. "You. Why did you do that?"

  You stepped back. "Do.. What?"

  "Intervene. You could've gotten seriously injured. It'd be a shame to have the police report a death on school grounds, wouldn't it?" Her voice was bitter and emotionless as she held the furry monster within her arms.

  You took another step back and looked down. What did I ever do to her? You mentally wondered, the girl's glare burning right through you. "U-um.."

   You could've sworn that her eyes flashed red. With a deep breath, she let out a few words that go against everything you've done.

  "Stop standing up for others. You'll seriously get hurt, and nobody will be there to mourn you. No matter how hard you'll try, you won't win. Don't be a hero." And with that, she picked up the unconscious monster and walked out of the school and away from you.

~~~

This story was originally published on Quotev by me and Bony Boi.

The link is in my about.