Friends

"Chara....?" You asked, seeing the female sprawled on the floor, her face crimson. "U-um, hey (Y/N)!" She stuttered, pushing herself off from the ground. You chuckled. "What are you doing here?" 

   "Me?" Chara asked, pointing to herself. She had already seemed to collect herself. "Oh, my brother. I was just visiting him again." Her brother, Asriel. Then it suddenly clicked. "Oh my god. I forgot to give him the classwork! Could you do it for me?"

  Chara nodded, sitting down on the corner of your hospital bed. "Sure, after you tell me."

  You tilted your head like a curios puppy. "Tell ypu what?"

   "Why you're here."

   "Oh!" You smiled. "That's simple! You see, when two people love each other very much, they decide to-"

  "I mean why are you in the hospital!" Char growled, punching the pillow holding on of your legs up. You winced in pain, biting your lip hard. "O-oh, sorry..." She apologized, looking down. "But... Why are you here in the hospital?"

  "Isn't is obvious? I'm injured. Duh." You answered, a silly smile on your face. Chara glared at you, but her mouth twitched. Maybe she wanted to laugh? 

  "I know that but, how did you get injured?" She asked, slowly this time, making it seem like she thought of you as some kind of idiot. It was a little humorous though, because she knew how smart you really were. She was just playing along. 

   Maybe she really isn't as bitter as she seems. You thought, then looked at Chara. Her bright red eyes glimmered with the purest curiosity and worry, it made your heart melt slightly. Did she really care that much about random strangers? "Well?"

  "Oh, um. I don't really remember. The doctors told me that I was ran over by a car, but I don't remember that part. Though, I remember attempting to save-"

   "Save?!" Chara stood up, her solid black. "I told you not to be a hero! Look, you pretended to be a hero and got yourself seriously injured! You should've just listened to me!"

   You glared at her. "Why should I? I do whatever I want! If I want to help the people I care about, then I'll do so! You can't stop me!" 

   Suddenly, Chara's eyes faded back to a normal red, but a clear liquid fell from them. Tears. Chara was crying. "You don't understand. You'll get hurt. You'll really get hurt, and regret it. And you won't be able to come back. At least, not without my help."

   You brushed your (h/l), (h/c) hair from your face. "What... Do you mean?"

   Chara's eyes went wide when she realized what she had just said. "It's... It's not important." She but her lips, her hands curled into shaking fists. You looked at all the cuts on her wrist and fingers. How did she even get those? You hoped it wasn't from what you think they were from. 

   "It is if you're crying about it!" You shouted, your own eyes starting to tear.

  "I'm only crying about it because I used to be like you! I wanted to save all the monsters, but my brother ended up dying, along with me. I was trying to be a hero. But I failed. I let everyone down. And I don't want that to happen to you, either. I don't want you to suddenly realize that you aren't really invincible. That you're only human, you can't do much. At least, I don't want you figuring it out like that." Chara sighed, the flow of her salty tears slowly stopping.

  "Chara.. I already know that nobody is invincible. I've experienced it myself. My parents were a part of the local police crew. Just about a few months ago, they were killed at an armed robbery. They died being heroes, and I'd like to do the same." You quietly spoke, looking down at your scratched up hand.