𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐨𝐩𝐡𝐨𝐛𝐢𝐚

"Henry..." Evelyn replied softly as if in a daze, a slight look of uncertainty crossed her eyes but left before Henry could notice.

"It's Michael now." He replied a gentle smile gracing his face.

"Right sorry." Evelyn replied a small blush forming on her cheeks from her flustered state although it could not be noticed due to the darkness of the night.

"C'mere you" And so they both collided, holding one another as if it were the last time.

Choking out a sob Evie laughed, "Why didn't you write back? Me and your brother have been going mad without you."

Michael smiled relishing the memories of Evie, his brother and himself. To busy to realise Isaiah had already gone inside The Garrison speaking to the other Shelby brothers about the good looking bird Michael had bagged himself.

"I'm sorry everythings been goin' on and happenin' I just never got the time." He spoke while feeling a great sense of guilt.

"It's alright, stop it! I was just worried..." She smiled, lightly holding onto his wrists as his hands were placed on the sides of her face.

"You're here." He looked at her, not just gazing at her but really looking at her. Appreciating the minor details of her that he noticed before but never really focused on. The small rings of hair the cascaded down her face. The light freckles that dusted along her nose and cheeks. Her eyelashes that curled towards the heavens.

It was in that moment, as they stood in the middle of the cobbled streets of Small Heath, holding on to one another that Michael Gray realised he loved Evelyn Allen.

"You're really here."