10

"Deal." And we shook on it.

*

Five dances.

That's all I've had in one hour. I swear, I better not lose.

Alessandro sat with a group of men very close to where I was on the dance floor.His eyes kept locking with mine while his mouth talked to the men. Each person that came within at least fifteen feet of me, he studied them all. All the people here were so elegant. Their dresses and tuxes seemed like something out of a book. Women here were so beautiful, breathtaking actually. Men, oh some of these men were Gods. Are we even in America anymore?

The short man who only came up to my shoulders, I now danced with. He seemed to enjoy the view.

"So, are you new?" He looked up to me. His bald head glimmered from the lights above.

"New?"

"Yeah. New. Haven't you ever heard the word ne-" The music ended and I gladly took the chance.

"I'm quite sorry sir, but excuse me." I politely smiled and exited the dance floor. Alessandro met my gaze and smiled. He then said something I couldn't hear over the clatter of talking and a new song, but the men at the table all laughed and got up to leave.

I smiled at him as the group left. My heels clicked quietly as I sat down next to him. He placed his arm over my shoulders and pulled me closely.

"I agree." Raising an eyebrow at him, I questioned him.

"What?"

"About your argument earlier, I think I am much hotter than Resse." Rolling my eyes playfully as he laughed, I glanced out to the dance floor. Resse was kissing some girl on the neck, a smile was clear on her face.

"Good, because it's true." I looked towards him, my honesty seemed to have a new face of brave tonight. Our faces just inches apart.

"Really," He came closer. His minty breathing fanned my neck. I hummed in agreeance. I moved in closer, surprisingly calm.

"Are you sure, Victoria?" Alessandro whispered. His eyes seemed to be electrical green. Biting my lip, I nodded. "Not here," He grabbed my hand gently and stood. I smiled and followed after him.

Groups of people greeted us as we made way through the room. Alessandro smiled, greeted them, and tried to make his visiting short. He was famous amongst the crowd.

Finally, the doors out to the lobby were in sight. My heart was beating out of my chest, my lips painted with a small smile. His hand still wrapped in with mine, the warmth comforted me. Passing through those doors and to the right, down a few hallways, till we stopped at the end of a long corridor. The lightning on the walls looked like candles, the air was cooler than the ballroom, and it was quite. As we stopped, Alessandro gently pushed me back against the cream colored wall. His hands were against the wall as well, blocking me in. His eyes screamed of hunger and lust. I smiled and he leaned in.

Slowly his lips met mine. His soft lips danced with mine, the kiss slowly deepened. Seconds passed and my arms wrapped around his neck and my fingers weaved their way his hair, Alessandro's hands gripped my hips tightly. A involuntary moan escaped my lips, his response was perfect as he pulled me closer.

"Sei incredibile," He mumbled against my lips. I smiled even if I couldn't understand. He leaned in closer once more and-

Bringggg-bringggg

"Merda," He spat as he pulled out his phone, my eyes ripped open as I jumped from the loud noise. "Hello?"

His breathing was rugged and his lips now looked swollen, the once light pink was turned into a dusty rose color.