Chapter 6

A/n: so there really isn't anything in here about people's interviews btw, because that would just be boring. Plus idk how long their letters took to get to each other, but whatever just go with the flow

John's p.o.v

I really liked y/n. We only met a couple days ago at the winter's ball, but I could already tell how smart and funny she was. Y/n just met the Schuyler Sisters, and she is already best friends with Peggy! But something was troubling me. When I asked her how long she was going away for, it looked as if she wasn't telling me something. I ignored that train of thought, and after y/n gave me the list post offices, I wrote letters to send as quick as possible to the first post offices that she would be visiting, so it got there before she did. A week and a half went by, and we wrote back and forth as much as we could, and I always kept the list of post offices close in fear of losing it. I wasn't the only person writing letters as much as possible, Alex and Eliza were writing nightly, along with Herc and Dia who wrote about three times a week. Lafayette and Amy wrote to each other, but not a lot. Laf flopped down next to me where I was fidgeting with a quill.
"Has y/n been writing?" He asked me. I smiled at the mention of her name.
"Yeah, she's amazing..." I smiled dreamily. Laf coughed. "What about you and Amy?" I asked, snapping back to reality.
"She's really distant, and she says she won't be able to write anymore because of the move." He answered glumly.
"Wait, what move?" I asked, sitting up. Laf looked confused.
"Y/n hasn't told you? They are both moving away and won't be able to write as much."
"What?!"  I responded, alarmed. Laf looked at me with a concerned expression. "Y/n told me they were just going to interview people" I said, confused.
"They are, while also looking for a place to move to." I quickly got up and went to a desk to write y/n a letter. This wasn't making sense, y/n tells me everything, why would she keep something that big from me?

A/n: sorry for Laf's lack of frenchness, just use you imagination or something

Y/n's p.o.v.

I smiled as the person working at the post office handed me two letters, one from Peggy and one from John. I opened John's letter first, smiling happily, but I frowned and bit my lip as I read it. He knew that I would be leaving. I told him before I left that I would be coming back, which was half true. Me and Amy would have to go back in the same spot that we were in when we came into the past in order to go to present time, which was our house. We couldn't travel back to our era in any other spot. We would keep a low profile, just quickly get to our home and travel to present time, no visiting anyone that knew us. I still couldn't bear telling John, Peggy and the others that I would be gone forever. Every time I tried to compose a letter explaining that I was leaving, tears would splatter my paper, then I would have to start again and again, over and over until I quit. I could never finish a letter, so instead I would pretend that I was coming back soon, while dying a thousand deaths inside. I went to one of the desks at the post office and wrote back to John. I told him that Amy was moving away, but I hadn't decided whether I was going to move with her or not. I reminded him not to worry, and signed the letter, drawing a heart at the bottom of the parchment. I sealed and addressed it, then handed it to another person working at the post office. I read Peggy's letter, laughing at her joke about Eliza and Alexander writing to each other. A tear silently rolled down my cheek as I read the last line she wrote, which was about her telling me how much she missed me.

In John's next letter, there was no mention of me moving, just telling me about Alexander's rants about how George Washington promoted Charles Lee instead of him. I giggled at his jokes and blushed at the compliments. Me and Amy had begun the trip back, the journey to the people we interviewed was extremely uneventful.

Amy's p.o.v

Finally, y/n and I were on the journey back to the house in Manhattan, where we could finally travel back to our time period. I don't know how she convinced me to go on this trip, it was extremely boring, although it was still fun to interview the people we met. Lafayette wrote me letters occasionally, which I honestly found kind of annoying. I was hyped to finally go back home, even though we still had about four days left on the trip. I wondered if mrs. Diana, our boss would be mad that we spent a little over three weeks in the past, and I brought this up to y/n. She became distant, agreed with me that she would look at our interview papers, and changed the subject. I was looking forward to going back home to present time, but whenever I brought it up to y/n she quickly agreed and changed the subject. She was acting strange, as if she was hiding something. I saw her face light up whenever she saw a post office, and she eagerly went inside, coming back out while tucking away several letters. I was going to ask her about them, but I decided against it. If she hadn't told her friends that she was leaving yet, that was her problem. We were leaving this place for good in a couple days, whether she liked it or not.

A/n:  Hoped u liked it! sorry not much happens in this chapter, but more is coming soon. :)