Chapter 3

Y/n's p.o.v
    "It's today! The winter's! Ball! Is! TODAY!!!" I yelled at Amy, punctuating every word with a pillow. When I ran out of pillows to throw, Amy finally got up.
"Jesus Christ, Y/n!!!" She said angrily.
"What?" I said innocently.
Amy paused." The neighbors will hear us!" We both grinned and squealed. Today it wasn't just us who were excited, but everyone who was attending the ball. During the afternoon, I went to the square just to talk about the ball with Dia, a kind girl around my age who welcomed me and Amy to New York.
(A/n, dia doesn't exist in history btw)
She works in the sewing shop, where Hercules Mulligan himself used to work before he joined the revolution.
"Hello." I walked it the small, cozy shop. Hearing the sound of the chimes, Dia came out from behind a sewing machine in the back.
"What, did you 'tear your dress again' " she said, using air quotes and smiling. I laughed.
"You know that 95% of the time I'm here is to just talk with you." I said.
"Of course, you would be a  horror to sewers everywhere if you came in here every time you ripped a dress." Dia replied, smiling. We continued to talk and laugh.
"Do you know who is going to the ball?" She asked casually.
"Are you actually asking me this or are you asking me if a certain-" I raised my eyebrows "- Hercules Mulligan is going to be there?" I smirked. She smacked my hand, blushing madly while I laughed. Just then the chimes sounded, and a very handsome man walked in.
"Speak of the devil." I said as Hercules Mulligan walked into the shop. Dia gave me look that suggested the was going to kill me.
"Hi Hercules, need help with anything?" Dia asked.
"No, just here to use one of the machines, if that's okay." He responded. Wow, his voice was really deep. Hercules walked towards the back were he proceeded to patch some article of clothing. Dia was sitting again, her eyes glazed over while looking towards the back of the room. I coughed and she was brought back to her senses. I raised my eyebrows twice and she blushed. In a moment, Hercules was done and approached Dia at the front.
"So, how's the shop been since I left?" He asked, smiling charmingly.
"Well, not nearly as fun, it's been quite boring actually." Dia responded.
"Aw, miss me?" He mocked lightheartedly. Dia smiled, and I could see her ears turn red.
"Well, see you at the ball."
"Save me a dance!"
He turned back and smiled. Dia turned back to face me.
"Oh don't give me that look!" She said, still blushing. I laughed as I walked out of the shop.
"I'll save you a dance!" I shouted from the doorway, grinning.

Like I said, not everything is historically accurate but whatever.