Chapter 42: "Strange Squad Goals"

Start from the beginning

"Oh, I'm sorry, Sans! If I had known, I wouldn't have worried so much about possibly swearing in your presence." You quickly apologized, dipping your head gently. He sighed, then shook his head. "DON'T APOLOGIZE. I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU THREE WERE CAUTIOUS... I MEAN, LOOK AT ME. I SUPPOSE I'M VERY CHILDISH AND ALL..." He murmured, then Maia shook her head. "Childish? No! You're 100% man, Sans! You're just really quirky and I love that about your personality!" Maia complimented him and he blushed. "Y-YOU SURE?" He stuttered, looking down at his feet cutely. She smiled, nodding in response. "I'm absolutely positive, Sansy!" Maia replied, her green eyes bright.

Sans blushed even more at her nickname for him, his cheeks turning a deep blue. But after covering his face bashfully for a few seconds, he suddenly stopped inhibiting his zeal and just run to Maia, pulling her into a big bear hug. Maia's face reddened at this action, but she gratefully hugged him back, squeezing him tightly.

Papyrus nudged you as soon as he saw the hug, and once you turned to look at him, he pulled you into a similar hug with a wonderful grin. You got onto your tip-toes in response to this bone-crushing hug, completely beaming as you hugged him back merrily.

"Damn, I'm forever alone, aren't I?" Mr. Smith spoke up amongst all the hugging, walking to the couch and taking a seat. Once all four had separated, Sans shook his skull. "NO! I'M SURE YOU HAVE SOMEONE OUT THERE." He reassured him. Mr. Smith pursed his lips, sighing before looking away. "Ah, yes. Thank you, sir. But it's not that I don't believe someone's out there for me. I'm just afraid the universe is adamant on keeping us apart." He spoke, running a hand through his hair gently. "PROBABLY." Sans replied causing you to gasp. "Sans!" You fussed and he furrowed his 'bone'brows. "OH, COME ON. I AM NOT THAT INCORRECT, (Y/N)! WITH THE WAY HE PREYS ON WOMEN, THE UNIVERSE IS PROBABLY WAITING FOR HIM TO IMPROVE SO HE CAN GET HIS ONE TRUE LOVE!" He exclaimed and Mr. Smith shrugged. "Perhaps, I suppose he is correct." Mr. Smith replied, giving Sans the benefit of the doubt.

"anyway, didn't ya have stuff to tell us, 'smitty?" Papyrus asked as he walked to a chair, sitting down. "Ah, yes. You remembered at last. How lovely, Papyrus." Mr. Smith replied, clearing his throat and fixing his shirt. Sans sat down beside him quickly and Maia soon took the other free chair. That left no seats for you. And as you prepared to sit on the floor, Papyrus beckoned you over. "c'mere. just sit on my lap, (y/n). i promise it ain't that bony." Papyrus promised. Mr. Smith pulled a notebook from his pocket, flipping through it. "I certainly hope not, I do believe that'd just make it awkward for the rest of us." He spoke nonchalantly and Maia snorted, chuckling loudly in response. But, Sans didn't quite get it and cocked his head to the side in confusion. Perhaps, he's not as mature as he thinks he is, or maybe he just doesn't get dirty jokes.

With hesitation and much embarrassment, you sat on his lap lightly. A part of you was concerned you'd hurt his skeletal structure if you put all your weight on him, so you didn't. But, of course the clever skeleton noticed this and put his hands on your torso, sliding you further onto his lap. And at this, your face heated up and you stared wide-eyed at Maia who once again broke into a laughing fit. "ya think i can't handle a single person on my lap? well, i assure you i've gone through much worse. i would say this is actually quite nice... with asgore, it was not." Papyrus commented and you giggled lightly. "He's thicc." You replied and Papyrus nodded, grinning as he laid his head onto your shoulder. "eeyup, he is a thicc boyo." Papyrus replied and both you and Maia laughed.

After the laughter had subsided, you turned to face Mr. Smith. "Anyways, sorry about that. What did you need to tell us, Mr. Smith?" You asked, trying to relax in Papyrus' strange embrace. Mr. Smith put the notepad he held in his hands onto his thigh, clicking his tongue and sighing. "I am here because Austin was spotted in the area. A witness reported it around 10:20 PM and we were concerned he may be up to some revenge scheme." He began to explain, causing you to bite the inside of your cheeks gently.