Chapter 42: "Strange Squad Goals"

Start from the beginning

The person is tall, most likely male. But thanks to their height and how close they're to the door, you can't see their face. That's not good, because ruling in the height, this could very likely be Austin for sure. And with this person's style, it's also likely be Austin. A gray sweater layered over a white button up shirt. And along with that is a pair of relaxed fit blue jeans.

"who is it?" Papyrus whispered and you frowned, stepping away. "I don't know. Too tall and too close." You spoke, biting your lip and he gently pushed you behind him swiftly. "well, imma make sure this kid doesn't come back for real this time..." He spoke, then scowled and bared his teeth angrily as he undid the deadbolt, then snatching open the door, his left eye glowing a bright orange. His free arm instantly went out and held you back from danger's way. "okay ya dingus, who the heck do you think you ar-" He froze, causing your eyes to widen as you feared the worst.

"WHO IS IT, PAPY?" Sans gasped and Maia shifted in her seat uncomfortably. "Papyrus, (Y\N), who the heck is it?!" Maia asked urgently. And as Papyrus just continued to stare blankly, you slowly bent to the side to see what was up. And when you finally could see the person unobstructed, your eyes locked with theirs. His familiar gray gaze blinked in confusion.

"WHAT THE ABSOLUTE HELL, MR. SMITH?! DO YOU NOT HAVE A DAMN BRAIN?! YOU SHOULD VERY WELL KNOW YOU SHOULDN'T JUST SHOW UP AT MY DOOR AT 11:00 PM AFTER WHAT HAPPENED WITHOUT CALLING FIRST! I WAS NEARLY HAVING A PANIC ATTACK YOU ASSHOL-" You suddenly shouted angrily, your (e\c) eyes narrowing before Papyrus cut you off, covering your mouth with his hand. Sans gasped at the sudden profanity and Maia snorted, quickly falling onto the floor laughing.

Mr. Smith shuffled on his feet awkwardly, his hand rubbing his neck. "I tried to call... But it went straight to voicemail both times I tried. He explained and you furrowed your eyebrows. You lifted your hand and used it to move Papyrus' hand from your mouth and then you smiled nervously. Anger still was present in your demeanor, but not as much. "Oh, right... My phone glitches like that sometimes." You spoke, clearing your throat embarrassedly.

"I needed to get in touch with you and since I didn't expect Mr. Papyrus was going to be with you, I didn't think to call him." He explained and you cocked your head to the side. "Oh... Well, why did you need to get in contact?" You asked suddenly and he let out a sigh. "Mind if I step in for a second?" He asked and you shook your head, stepping back. "Not at all, come join us." You offered and Mr. Smith dipped his head respectively. "Thank you, ma'am." He replied before walking past Papyrus into the apartment.

"HELLO AGAIN, SIR!" Sans spoke, waving to Mr. Smith and he waved back, but when his eyes met Maia's his own eyebrows furrowed. "Oh, if it isn't Maia the mischief-maker." He spoke crossing his arms and leaning on one hip. She smirked at this. "You remember me? I feel accomplished." Maia replied as Papyrus shut and secured the door again. "Of course. That was a brand new suit you ruined! How could I ever forget that?" He asked and you blinked in confusion. "Wait, Maia what did you do?" You asked, looking to her.

Maia's grin widened with smugness and Mr. Smith rolled his eyes. "I may have poured my drink on him at a party once." She spoke, then broke into a giggling fit. "I was flirting with her friend and I don't think she liked that one bit." Mr. Smith commented, sighing and once Maia stopped laughing, she looked up to the tall man. "Well no shhh-poop Sherlock!" She started, but almost slipped up and once she realized her correction, she blushed in embarrassment before laughing again.

But, what happened next was completely unexpected, Sans stood up from his chair and stomped one foot on the ground, completely fed up. But, by what? That's the thought that seemed to plague everyone's minds as they turned to him.

"STOP CENSORING THINGS AROUND ME! I AM NOT A DAMN CHILD!" He spoke flatly and Papyrus choked, his voice becoming hoarse for one second. "bro, i thought-" He started, but Sans crossed his arms and tapped his foot on the ground. "I AM 20, PAPYRUS. I HAVE A JOB. THE WORKPLACE ISN'T ALWAYS KID FRIENDLY. I MAY DISLIKE SWEARING MORE THAN MOST, BUT I AM TIRED OF BEING SEEN SO INFERIOR!" He huffed and Maia's mouth dropped open. "Holy shit." She spoke and Sans whipped to face her. "THANK YOU!" He shouted, gesturing his hand in her direction in a 'finally!' sense. "Huh. Didn't see that coming." Mr. Smith spoke under his breath and you nodded in agreement.