Shall we play?

I pondered my options. I could always refuse because why would I share my flaws with someone who was being so nice? I didn't want to ruin his opinion on me, but if I refused he would be disappointed, right? I didn't want that, either.

A virtue and a flaw each day for a week. Seven flaws, that was easy. Seven virtues? Not so much. How could I say seven nice things about me when I didn't even like the person I was? But I did want to know those things about him, the good and bad, the things that made him real.

That was what pushed me to make the decision.

Deal, but you start (;

I left the note that evening and went home, wondering what I would find the next day.

The next day I woke up early without the need of my alarm even though I was in a break from uni. I got ready and left home as I fought the excited smile on my lips. My steps were short and quick, but I couldn't help it. I wanted to find that post-it and see what he would share with me.

Maca:

Well, I guess it's only fair since I was the one who came up with the idea. Here we go.

I'm considerate, I care loads about people. However, I'm too naïve and people tend to take advantage of my good intentions.

Now it's your turn! (:

And that was when things got complicated because finding a flaw was a piece of cake, however, finding a virtue took me the whole morning. Yes, the whole morning! No good characteristic felt truthful to me. If I thought of something I felt like I was lying.

His two qualities were related. His kind heart got him in troubles because he was naïve. I could follow that pattern.

Okay, this is very hard but I'll try.

I'm obsessive, I can't just like something, I have to obsess over it. And that makes me dedicated to the things I love. I guess that's a good thing, right? -Maca

I knew I couldn't fail at that game, but somehow it felt like I did when I left the note. I was about to go back many, many times and just rip it apart and try something different. But I didn't. That had to count.

The next day I was even more nervous because I didn't know how he would react. That day I woke up later because the night before was a difficult one. I couldn't fall asleep thinking of all the worst-case scenarios. I spent hours tossing and turning, trying to come up with the next virtue but just listing flaws in my mind.

For a while we had been sticking our notes differently, more hidden and less vulnerable to the whether conditions. The notes couldn't be easily found unless you looked for them and that gave me a bit of piece of mind, but still my tummy was on a tight knot.

That's totally a virtue, Maca. A good one. Dedication can lead to great things.

Anyhow, today I share: I'm a very positive person, to the point it annoys others. I'm gullible, though. I always fall for all the pranks, which makes me the favourite target.

I hope you're not laughing. I'm waiting for your reply (:

For some reason after reading that post-it I laughed. I imagined a guy being constantly pranked, even lame pranks like a phone calls, and he totally buying it. Like a friend telling him he needed money to get out of some problem and he running to help just to be told 'got ya!' Sure that was a flaw, but I thought it was very cute.

I replied with the following:

Well, I hope you don't get into too much trouble when people prank you. Tell them to be nice.