V

As her heels clapped loudly against the floor, Aulea strolled through the halls of the Citadel. The building was quiet. It was already late at night. The lady dragged her free hand a long the cold wall. She could see illusions of her younger self smiling and running through the halls flash in then flash out.

        "Bittersweet." She simply said to herself. She could hear footsteps from around the upcoming corner. Her ears twitched.

        "Is someone there?" Amethyst's voice called. She had gotten up to get water and on her way, heard Aulea's loudly clapping heels. Aulea knew Amethyst would keeo her guard up and see who was there, so she waited for Amethyst to come to her.

        Amethyst eventually made it around the corner, daggers in hand. Aulea had the umbrella tilted enough to cover her eyes.

        "Who are you?" Amethyst asked in a serious tone. Aulea, keeping that same smile on her face, moved the umbrella. Amethyst lowered her daggers.

        "Aulea..." She said her name in a whisper. Aulea said not a word as she stared at the other female.

        "Is it..really you? Aulea talk to me." Amethyst started walking closer. Aulea took a little step back. Amethyst stopped when she noticed this.

        "Are you okay? You must've been scared by yourself in those ruins. Are you hurt? You don't look it, but I wanna be sure." Amethyst kept a worried expression as she used only her eyes at the moment to check Aulea.

        Aulea still said nothing. She kept that same smile on her face. She tilted her head slightly, before turning and walking away, same pace as before. Amethyst's eyes widened a bit.

        "Aulea? W-Where are you going?" Amethyst took a step forward. Aulea continued walking, her smile growing.

        "Aulea please! Don't leave me again!" Amethyst called to her. Suddenly, there were black shadows surrounding Aulea, taking on the forms of tentacles or hands, ready to drag Aulea in. Or welcoming her in. They seemed to whisper to her and Amethyst could hear them clear as day.

        "Aulea don't listen to them! Come back!! Please don't leave me! You don't have to do this!!" Tears started streaming down her face.

        Aulea chuckled as she continued on. One of the shadowy figures gradually took Aulea's umbrella, and another holding onto one of her arms. Amethyst then ran up to her, grabbing her other arm and calling her name out once more, this time louder than before. Aulea turned around to face her. The black substance was spreading again and her eyes were black, glowing pink. Amethyst quickly stepped back.

        "Starscourge." She said in a frightened tone. The figures let go of Aulea, allowing her to fully turn around.

        Aulea raised her hand and shot out purple energy, hitting Amethyst's chest. Amethyst's vision was getting hazy as she dropped to the ground. The last thing she saw was Aulea getting ingulfed in the shadows.

        "A...Au..lea..." She managed to say as she weakly held her hand out to her, only to fall limp afterwards.

        The morning after, Artemis pushed Stupeo in his wheelchair through the halls. Nothing needed to be said. The two men just generally enjoyed each others company. Stupeo then hummed in thought, breaking the silence.

        "What's wrong?" Artemis asked, stopping the wheelchair.

        "I think I should try crutches now." Stupeo suggested. Artemis frowned a bit.

        "Aw, really?" Stupeo looked up at him, a bit surprised to hear such a response.

        "You aren't tired of pushing me around everywhere?" He asked. Artemis shook his head.