I

Fancy and expensive boots clapping loudly against the floor, Gladiolus Amicitia wandered the halls of the Citadel with Ignis Scientia, a "four eyed" male with piercing green eyes and unusual light brown hair. All was silent in the halls, though outside was a different story. Loud cars rushing by, civilians wandering around, and yelling teenagers who didn't want to go home.

       "It's rather difficult to feel tired when you live in a city that doesn't know what sleep is." Ignis said, his footsteps matching the rhythm of Gladio's. Gladio yawned before a response could come out.

        "Tell me about it. But if you're constantly training, going places, and work in a relatively quiet building, it's difficult to stay awake." He said finally. Ignis chuckled.

"...I suppose you're right."

        Gladio's phone vibrated in his pocket. He signaled Ignis to give him a minute as he pulled out his phone to see a text from his younger sister, Iris, asking when he'd be going home. With a sigh, he answered that he'd be sleeping over again. Getting a little emoticon as a response, Gladio put his phone back where he found it. Ignis smiled slightly.

        "Sleeping over again?" He asked. Gladio nodded. It had been a few days since he had actually gone home for the night. But with his busy schedule, he could barely make time for phone calls.

        "Ugh! Mom, Gladdy is sleeping over again!" Iris complained. It was late at night and the fifteen year old had been waiting for hours for her brother, only to once again get the same text. Gloriosa Amicitia, Iris and Gladio's mother, came into the living room, placing her hands on her hips.

        "Yes, which means it's time for fifteen year old girls to go to sleep because it's way past their bed time."

        "Yes?! You knew he was sleeping over and you didn't tell me?!" Iris asked in disbelief. Gloriosa pointed up the stairs without another word, signaling for Iris to go upstairs to bed. Iris did as she was told and took her big moogle plush upstairs with her.

        Gladio was training with the Prince himself, Noctis Lucis Caelum, the next day. They normally trained together so Noctis could become stronger and gain more experience. While Noctis hated every bit of it, his sparring partner could care less. A pleasant knock on the door was heard when Ignis walked in, blinking twice at the smell of sweat in the room. He just ignored it and approached Gladio, waving politely to Noctis.

        "His highness would like a word with us. He sent me to get you; whenever you're ready, don't take too long." Ignis exited the room, an irritated sigh from Gladio could be heard from behind. Noctis smiled, knowing that meant training was done for the day.

        "We're continuing when I get back, so don't think you're off the hook." Gladio left Noctis, who rolled his eyes, sitting on a step in the training room. Gladio ran to take a quick shower so he wouldn't take too long.

        He arrived at the throne room, where Ignis, Crowe, and Nyx were waiting, standing in a horizantal line in front of King Regis. He took his spot next to Ignis. Regis nodded, happy that everyone he needed was there.

        "I am sending the four of you out on a mission to retrieve a missing artifact that has been taken from the Citadel. No one knows when it happened or how. But it would be very much appreciated if you would get it back. Crowe will be leading your team, as she is the one who was able to track down the item with the help of Ms. Amethyst, who should meet you outside. I don't expect this to be an easy task for you to complete, so I am giving you until the evening after tomorrow. You have one hour to prepare, but you may leave when ready." Regis explained. Ignis felt uneasy.