VII

Aulea's mother, Anastasia Cantarella, stared at the kingdom, Sundosia, through her large bedroom window. She had a straight face as she recalled the day she and Xavier, her husband, found out their daughter disappeared into thin air. A knock on the door was heard behind her.

        "Enter." she immediately ordered. A guard dressed in purple and blue armor walked in. Anastasia kept her eyes on the kingdom before her.

        "What have you found?" she simply asked.

        "We have found nothing, your majesty." The guard replied honestly. Anastasia could feel her heart shatter. What did he mean they didn't find anything? She sighed.

"Very well. Thank you. Dismissed."

        The guard bowed respectfully before leaving the room. Xavier entered moments later. He walked up and stood next to his wife, taking in the same view of the city.

        "Twenty years." Anastasia said. Xavier looked over to his spouse.

"I'm sorry?"

        "Twenty years.. And still nothing." She continued on. Xavier knew well what she was talking about. He rested a hand on her shoulder.

"We must be patient, love-"

        "We have been patient for twenty years, Xavier. Our daughter still has not been found. At this rate, she'll be dead when she's found." She interrupted.

        "That's not true. I'm sure she's perfectly fine. And safe. She'll be found. Lucis is searching for her as we speak. When we hear from them, then we'll know."

        "Unless, of course, they tell us they found her dead."

        "They won't." Xavier replied before leaving the room. Anastasia left moments after. She was growing more anxious as the days went on.

        "Ugh....voicemail again..." Ruby sucked her teeth in annoyance. She tried contacting Gloriosa numerous times; leaving messages, spamming texts, and even leaving emails. Nothing in reply from her friend. Ruby, being in a guest room she used when sleeping over, placed her phone on the desk and stood against the wall with her arms folded.

        'Why leave, though? Amethyst stayed and so did I. So what was your purpose?' she thought to herself. Ruby turned her head and stared out the large window. Gloriosa and Aulea were like missing puzzle pieces to the Citadel. Ruby sighed.

        "Alright. If she won't answer my calls or messages, I'll just have to speak with her in person." She grabbed her phone and left the Citadel. Her car was parked outside the gates, and she drove several blocks to the Amicitia household.

        "I know you're in there, Gloriosa." Ruby got out of her car and rang the doorbell. Iris looked out a window before arriving at the door and opening it.

        "Hi miss Ruby!" Iris happily greeted. Ruby returned the gesture.

        "Hello, Iris! Is your mother home? I'd like to speak with her."

        "Mom? Oh yeah, she's actually right upstairs. Please come in, I'll go get her." Iris disappeared into the house, Ruby coming in and taking a seat in the living room. She waited here for a moment before Glorious joined her.

        "Mrs. Argentum, what a surprise." Gloriosa greeted sarcastically.

        "So you've been expecting me?" Ruby asked.

        "Pretty much, since I've been ignoring you. What do you want?" Gloriosa said and asked.

        "Way to cut to the chase.... I came to talk to you about the current situation and your absence."

CORRUPTED FLOWER| Final Fantasy XV Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें