IV

Artemis walked down the long hallway with Ruby by his side. They usually enjoyed each others' company, strolling through the halls if they had time to spare.

        "Did you manage to find anything while you were out?" Artemis asked her.

        "Hell no. We didn't find a thing out there. It makes me angry. We'll have to go back out and see what we find." She replied calmly. Artemis sighed. Ruby just smirked.

        "You didn't answer my question." She said. Artemis looked at her.

"Hm?" He hummed questioningly.

        "Did you two make out yet? You and Stupeo." She asked again. Artemis stopped in his tracks.

        "What? No, of course not! What are you talking about?" He exclaimed and asked. Ruby chuckled.

        "Don't play dumb. I know I'm not the only one you've been a real sucker for. And I don't blame you; He's handsome, intelligent, brave-"

        "I get it, he's a lot of things I'm not." Artemis rolled his eyes. Ruby glanced at him, obviously signaling that that wasn't where she was going with this."Or are you jealous?" Artemis grinned. Ruby folded her arms.

        "Jealous? More like supportive. I'm standing here encouraging you two to get it on for Bahamut's sake." She replied.

        "Remind me why we're having this conversation?" He walked ahead and looked back at her.

        "Because we can all clearly see how you look at him. I may only look at people with one eye, but my sight is pretty good. And don't worry, I don't think Amethyst has noticed. You two barely see each other to begin with." Ruby then started walking again, followed by Artemis. It was quiet for a moment. Ruby smirked again.

         "Quiet, are we? So it's true." Ruby said, breaking the silence. Artemis shook his head.

         "New topic, please." He requested. "Have you..heard from miss Gloriosa recently?" He asked. Ruby chuckled.

        "Why do you say 'miss' in front of everything? You've known her as long as I have." She playfully pushed him. "But no..I haven't heard from her in a while. Have you heard from her?"

        "I don't think anyone has. It's like when she left the Citadel, she left us all, too." Artemis replied.

        "Well, I'll see if I can contact her anytime today. If she doesn't come through, I don't know what to do anymore."

        "Um...right." Artemis replied, looking down. Ruby then walked in front of him, causing him to stop suddenly. Ruby patted his chin so he'd look up.

        "Upset? I'm sure Stupeo can fix that. And you should be heading back. You did tell him you'd be back." She then gave him a gentle kiss and turned, leaving.

        Artemis sighed and turned to go back to the infimary. When he walked in, his eyes immediately met with Stupeo's.

       "Welcome back." Stupeo said. He had his usual straight face again. Artemis already missed the giggly Stupeo he saw before he left the room.

        "Thanks." Artemis politely said before taking his place next to Stupeo again. It was quiet for a moment.

         "I just realized. You haven't been feeling any pain in your leg lately." He gasped. "I think you're getting better faster than I thought-" His eyes widened.

         Stupeo's head was down, he spectacles in hand, and he was...crying. The tears didn't seem to stop flowing down his cheeks. He hadn't made any sounds, either. He was crying silently. Somehow, he even cried gracefully. He didn't have the "ugly crying face" people are said to have.