22. The Lunatic Stunt

The plane bumped a little, sending Stella's stomach into a nauseous swirl. She gripped onto the seat hard, afraid the plane would crash and take her along. Just the thought made her want to get up and puke inside the bathroom.

Deep breaths, deep breaths. No matter how many times she had rode on a plane, she always had the phobia of it just falling out of the sky and crashing. It was one fear she couldn't conquer and that one thing that caused her anxiety.

Why did Xavier have to do the movie all the way in New York? Isn't California good enough for him? It sure was enough for her.

She stared out the window, fogs of clouds blocking the window. Directly from the pilot, they were almost about to land. Gosh, she couldn't wait to leave the plane.

"We're almost there," Xavier whispered into her ear. He had been trying to comfort her the whole ride, which kind of worked, but her nerves were still jerking.

"Thank God. I can't take this plane anymore," she furiously responded.

He laughed, sitting back, "You're too adorable."

She tried her hardest not to turn pink, but she lost the battle. That was also other things he had been doing all day. Complimenting her, squeezing her hand. Her cheeks were exhausted.

"Thanks."

Again, the plane descended, until the speakers finally announced that they had arrived. She sighed in relief, unsnapping her seatbelt and grabbing her bags as quickly as possible once the plane came to a complete stop and they allowed everyone to stand.

She ran out, bumping into people before she reached the baggage claim. Finally.

Xavier came behind, chuckling at her as he walked next to her, his arm going over her shoulder without permission. "Are you like this on every airplane ride?"

"Maybe," she informed, ashamed as she looked at the marveled ground.

She watched for her baggage while it circled around, spotting hers after a few minutes. She yanked them out, patting them before going outside with Xavier, Tyler behind, going with Xavier's parents. They kept Xavier what was happening between her and Xavier, but the only response he was able to give was that they had become close friends throughout the months. It didn't seem like they were buying it, but they weren't pushing the subject either. The rest had gone earlier since they had to settle some files, according to what Xavier had told her. He waved for a cab, bringing her in with her when one took the time to stop.

A brown-skinned man took a halt, "Where to?"

Xavier looked at Stella for her response. "Which hotel are you staying at?"

"The Greenwich Hotel, please."

They drove off, leaving Stella spare time to look at her surroundings. Large, tall skyscrapers stood all gathered up, a bridge outlining the scene. As beautiful as it all was right now in the day time, at night was when it all became gorgeous. Many of the scenes were somehow alike to Los Angeles, but she could see the differences.

"You sure you don't want to stay over at my hotel? I mean, I don't want such a pretty lady like yourself being all scooped up alone in a hotel room."

"I'll be fine. I've done this plenty times before. You don't have to worry about it. Plus it's what my company pays for."

"But I want to. I don't want to be a bother."

"Stella, I would love it if you stayed with us."

Her stomach twirled. Ask me again and I won't say no.