18. Media Circus

Xavier's phone vibrated for the hundredth time as he rode in the back of the limo, Anthony busily talking about his schedule with Xavier's parents as Tyler lazily crossed his arms across his chest and looked outside the window. What was Kat's problem? Xavier wasn't used to so much texting in one day. His thumbs felt numb.

Whenever he texted his hometown friends in New York, like Logan and Alex, it would consist of a very simplistic conversation. They always chatted at least three to four times a week. He needed at least a bit of time with boys his age, who wanted nothing more than to joke around and do stunts and harmless pranks. But since he's been on the road, he's been missing out on so much already. But Stella somehow filled in some of that emptiness, and sometimes, for a little while, it was enough.

Xavier was pulled out of his thoughts as his phone buzzed, Kat's name flashing on the screen. He pressed answer and not a moment later did he hear Kat's name on the other end.

"Hey, Xavier."

"Hey, what's up?"

"Sorry about bothering you so much today, there's just so much that has to be done." She wasn't wrong about that.

"It's cool, I wasn't doing much anyways."

"Well, I was wondering if we were still up for the meeting at the mall with the crew? I got worried since you didn't answer my text."

She'd been texting me  all morning.

"Sorry, I was distracted," he said, now looking out the window, "and yeah, I'm already on my way to pick you up like I told you."

"Okay, cool. Anyways, I'm waiting outside the hotel. When do you think you'll be here?"

"Let me check," he said, before putting the conversation on mute.

He sighed as he relaxed in his seat, shaking his head with a small smile. Kat was one hell of a talker. Or was he just an asshole? He looked over at Tyler.

"She annoying you?" He asked, although it was so evidential that he knew she was.

Xavier laughed at him, "Yeah, sort of. She's a very active person. It's like I'm trying to keep up and I just can't."

They both chuckled, "You remember the time this girl actually got access to our hotel room like a year ago?"

Xavier burst out laughing as he nodded. He could never forget. This short brunette had dressed like a maid in London while he was in the process of filming a movie (which wasn't as successful as he thought it would be), her hair up in a bun when he had first laid his eyes on her after he had woken up from his nap, only to find her staring at him.  He didn't immediately jump to the conclusion that she was a fan that had broken in. He initially thought she was there to clean the room.

But everything became crystal clear the minute she jumped onto him, tumbling them down to the bed, and kissing his face from forehead to chin. But luckily he stopped her before she dived in for a kiss on the lips. Of course Tyler came in and quickly pulled her off, but right when he was about to escort her out, she took one of his shoes and a dirty shirt that was on the floor and ran out in hysteria. Crazy shit.

"I only have the one shoe now," Xavier said through laughs.

"Yeah, next time I won't be there to save you."

"Whatever."

"Anyways, back to the subject, aren't you going to speak to Kat? You do know she's still on hold, right?"

"Yeah, but let her sweat it a bit."

Tyler shook his head as he snickered through his nose. "She really seems to like you."