Chpater 17: Date

I probably cried all night. I just lost my best friend. Again. Well he was being stupid. I don't need him, he left me all those years ago. I can live without him.

Knock knock

Who could that be? I asked my self walking to the door, Spot was going to Queens, it was certainly not Jack, so I took a breath before opening the door. I was not expecting this.

"Hi..em well Ruby told me to give you this"

It was Oliver! Standing there holding an envelope. I looked confused though he explained "You ran off and you forgot to get your wages. She asked me to give them to you"

"Is she still in a mood?" I asked slowly taking the envelope, he shrugged. "She's always has been....emotional. She'll turn around in a couple of days. She's always like that when Spot has a new girl"

"I bet she didn't know them personally" I softly laughed. Oliver then asked "So are you and Jack ok?"

"No. I don't think he's every gonna turn to the thought of me and Spot"

"I do see his point" I looked up to Oliver. Is he on Jacks side as well now? "I see Jacks point. Spot has had...history. But that dosnet mean I don't want you to go out with him"

He then pulled out an old note, just like what Jack sent me. I worried incase Jack had written something.

"I was in Queens, so was Spot. He gave me this and told me to give it to you" Oliver nodded a bit and handed it over. We stood there in silence after that, not knowing what to say.

"Spots lucky you know"

I shot up my head quickly hearing that. Was he? Did he? Wait? Oliver could've liked me! Noooo way.

"Em eh well-"

"Sorry, I should go"

I felt really bad as Oliver tipped his hat, quickly, and ran down the stairs. God do I have to be awkward at everything? Can thus day get any worse?

I looked around the note Spot gave to Oliver for me. I prayed, as I walked into my apartment, that it wasn't anything bad.

"Just open it"

I took a breath and opened it, it was quite sweet of him to write this.

Izzy

Tomorrow meet me at Brooklyn Bridge 6 o'clock.
If you can't make it write and give to Oliver

Spot

Is this a date? I presume it is. Ok you might be thinking. How on earth name have you guys not been on a date?! OK we were but it was canceled by a little newsie not going to bed.

Chaos

I mean he's very cute. But I was quite annoyed finding out it was cancelled. So tomorrow is going to be the day! I'll need help from....Ruby. Oh I miss Ruby. Guess I'll get ready by myself.

---

Take a breath Isabella, it's going to be fine. Will it? What happens if something crazy happens? Like em...I fall in the docks?!

OK so that might be a bit extreme but I'm a bit extreme! Why am I panicing? Oh, maybe because I've never been on a date before! God I wish someone coukd give me advice.

I had a new outfit on as well. Sure it wasn't anything special, but it was better than what I wore to work.