Chapter 5

After a couple days, I learnt why the parents wanted to get rid of the kits. The kits themselves were perfect, but they had special abilities, abilities which some cats would be afraid of. The first kit that came out of the bushes was Chocolate, an adorable musky brown tom with a sleek pelt, and the other was Marshmallow, a white and peach she-kit with long, fluffy fur. Chocolate started talking to a fish one day, and the fish actually bubbled a response! He would only eat pinesap, and it turned out that pinesap may protect cats from diseases. Marshmallow could blend in to nature, but to an extent that she could become literally invisible, her fur turning to a mist-like substance that her brother constantly put his paw through. I bet that she was the best hunter in the whole forest, and she was just a kit! After a moon of getting to know each other and seemingly restricted fun, Marshmallow told me that Chocolate and her wanted to ask me a question. "If you don't hurt others, what happened to Rose?" Some may have been annoyed, or even angry, but I was just glad to get it off my back. I explained about my father, brother, and my fake friendship with my sister. I told them about the incident and about the Lessons of Life. I never would've thought that two kits would be the ones to cure my aching, but that was just the way it happened.