~ Just a Nightmare ~

You were locked in the dark. It seemed to be an attic, the roof forming at a point. It was old, wood creaking and rotting. A chair and bedside table in the corner. A child's drawing incomplete. A little girl and sharp shadow. It felt as if you couldn't breathe. Suddenly, you felt dread. You cried out, asking to be let out. Silence replied, but only for a moment. Laughter followed. It was from the darkness.
"I promise there is no way out." It whispers. You swallowed hard as a shape was beginning to form. Its arms were long, its back hunched and bended knees, and its face...Seemed stapled together. It was the drawing's shadow. "You get to stay with me." It said maliciously.
Your heart pounded as it approached. It's bones crackled as it moved. You leaned against the wall, panicking. "I get to watch you forever." A long tongue protruded from the shut mouth. It like the side of your face. "And I can hurt your friends too."
"Stop it." You whimpered as it reached to trace your face. It laughed.
Crying you suddenly awoke. You looked around the darken room, terrified. You felt as if you were being watched. It felt like it was here. Smiling from the darkness. You tried to rationalize, but the smallest creaks shook you to the bone.
Trying to stay as quiet and still as you could, you reached for your phone. It was two in the morning. But you needed to call someone. Without hesitation, you called Sherlock. He would be the one who was most likely awake, always he doesn't need sleep. The ring seemed to last for longer than wanted, before he picked up. He didn't sound as if he had been sleeping or even tired.
"Hello?"
"Sherlock." Your voice shook as you wiped your tears. There was a brief moment of silence as he realized that you were crying.
"What is it? What happened? Are you alright?" He asked sternly.
"It's a bit stupid," You were nervous the detective would find you childish, but you cried harder. "Can you come over, please? Hurry too."
"I'm coming." He simply said. "I'm leaving this on if you need me."
"Okay."
Silence passed for moments, as you tried to calm down. The eerie silence of your room made your heart pound.
"Sherlock," You called.
"Right here."
"Are you close?"
"Heading up now." The call ended. You heard the knock. Taking a deep breath, you ran to the door and immediately wrapped your arms around the figure. Thankfully, it was the familiar detective. He was quite startled, and concerned for you. Instantly, you felt much safer and calmer.
"Love," He wrapped his arms around you as well. "What is it?"
"Well..." You pulled away and looked him in the eyes, suddenly realizing how dumb you might seem. Shutting the door, he stepped in and examined your place. "Tell me." Sherlock turned back to you, his gaze intense.
"I-. I had this nightmare." You shivered at the memory.
"What?"
"I had a nightmare and I was scared. I know it's dumb but I just needed to feel safer." You rushed to make your reasoning right.
"A nightmare."
He looked solemnly at you. He seemed to be trying to figure out what to say.
"Yes..." You cringed under his gaze. "I know, I'm an idiot."
"..." He scanned your face. "I never said you were an idiot."
"Your silence was enough." You muttered. Sherlock opened his mouth, but shut it and let the silence take it over the atmosphere. Moments passed where you both refused eye contact, and scanned your dark flat.
"I thought it was here." You voiced so quietly.
"Just a nightmare, [Y/N]." He assured.
"It felt so real. I thought I was going to die."
"You're okay now," He said, indifferently.
"Sherlock. I know." You knew he was trying.
"Why call me then?"
"I was frantic. I needed someone to make me feel safe."
"I..." He trailed off and stared into space. "I. Make you feel...safe?"
"Yes." You hoped he couldn't see the blood rushing to his face. Sherlock seemed to stop functioning for a moment.
"Hearing you distraught was quite heart-breaking." He bluntly remarked.
"What?" Just when you thought he couldn't make it harder, he says something like this.
"Dreams can mean many different things."
"Sherlock?" You wondered what he was trying to do.
"For example, talking with a demon could mean you are heavily stressed about something. Are you stressed? Anything major happening?" Sherlock wondered.
"Sherlock," You groaned.
"What is going on currently? Dinner party next week. Maybe that's it. Or yesterday we had to-."
"William Sherlock Scott Holmes." You couldn't help but smile. He was nervous, and he wanted to change the subject. His eyes suddenly met yours, finally back to reality. "What are you doing?" You went closer to the detective. He looked down. "Come here." You motioned. Sherlock walked closer. "Lean down." He obeyed. You pecked his forehead. "Thank you for coming over, even though it was a dumb reason." You whispered. You both lingered in the position, as if you both were waiting for something to happen.
"[Y/N]," His blue-green eyes met yours. You bit your lip in response. The silence pricked you as you waited in anticipation. Sherlock genuinely smiled. "You can call me anytime you need me, Love. I promise, I'll be there." You nodded, and fell into his embrace.
"I love you, Sherlock Holmes."
"I love you as well."

●●●●●●●●●●●●
Rewrites- 1

This was a quite simple idea, but WOAH. It was not very good first time around. Trust me.

-Shyla