"YES!" I pump my fist in the air as I managed to block a couple of his hits, allowing myself over to create the x-ray theme and cut scene to the black and white picture as it demonstrates how Kenji's character, Liu Kang, bones and skull being completely demolished—ending this round as me being the winner.

"Stop premature cheering, there's two more rounds," Kenji grumbles with a hint of determination that stings his tone. I rolled my eyes, knowing my brother's competitive nature, and continue onto the next round.

The start-up calls for us, and we begin to press the buttons on the controller violently. I knew I had to gain onto Kenji this round, and I would solidly be declared winner. However, Kenji's fingers flickered faster against the shaped buttons and after a couple of combo moves on my character, he selected onto the classic x-ray kill.

"FUCK," I blurt, once the announcer declares Liu Kang as the winner for the round. I turn to see Kenji sporting on a cheekily smile on his face. "Oh shove it, baby face."

The final round came to emission, and this one was going to determine who wins for the final game. I tried to do a couple of blocks from Kenji's moves, jumping screen as I dodged. I hit up some strong basic hits, and a combo before doing a power hit; the chain ran from Scorpion's hand and pulled Kenji's character forward—damaging his body.

Kenji's life bar lowering significantly, I did two more basics before allowing the x-ray to finish the works, causing Liu Kang to fall flat on the floor.

I finished with a fatality, and ended the game. Pushing myself off of the seat, I pump my fist in the air and cheered, "told you!" I declare as I throw the controller on my previous seat. I take a potato chip and slapped it between my teeth, chewing. "Kill ya ass!"

"I want a rematch!" Kenji fumed, shoving my controller into my hand. I rolled my eyes as I drop it back down, and dust off the chips dust before calling for another match—this time, I chose a different character.

"So..." Kenji draws, the atmosphere shoving into a conversation. Kenji leans back against the couch's armrest, with his head turned towards the flat screen. An action movie was playing in the background while I simultaneously get distracted from watching. "How are you and Julian?"

"What do you mean?" I click the phone off, looking up to my little brother as I'm greeted with our usual position of tangling our legs between in the middle of our seat, a set over another as we form comfortability. Kenji was a sweet gentleman and took the armrest, taking the side with back support, while he leaves me to bundle up pillows behind me to create my own back support. Gentleman.

"Like, are you guys friends? More than friends?" He queries, a look of curiosity passes through his dark eyes.

"I don't know what we are," I replied honestly, placing the cool screen on my toned stomach. "I think we're friends but I don't know, I could be wrong."

"You guys looked like friends the other day," he refers back to the day Julian came over to my house. "Actually, if I'm not mistaken, it could've looked like something more, if you catch my drift."

"I do not," I rolled my eyes, knowing where Kenji is going into this conversation. "If anything, we're friends. If anything, nothing more than that."

My brother doesn't reply to anything, and a thought appeared from the mention of Julian Dean. "Speaking of Julian," I muse, his eyes formed over my features, awaiting my next sentence, "what can you tell me about your crush on my dear good friend, Jaycee?"

Kenji's skin turns a beet-root red, "h-how you know about that?"

"The shameless staring at her when I invited her over to eat udon, the look you gave me when I tried to ask what was going on; and not to mention, you helpless giddy when Jaycee said goodbye to you that day." I list off, a teasing smile on my pink lips as my brother's face turns a shade darker.