Day 22: A Flurry of Feelings

Start from the beginning

This was going to eat a lot of his time, but he had to make it quick. Todoroki would be back soon.

Uncapping a pen, he got eleven of them done in about a minute. All Might came in, as expected.

"Hello, young Midoriya! How are you? How's Todoroki?" All Might sat cross-legged on the floor next to him.

"I'm feeling great! As for him, he's helping his sister out. I'm making him a Christmas present right now. You can't tell him, it's a secret." Midoriya held a finger up to his lips.

"That's all good to hear. I see you'll be busy." All Might chuckled, looking at the slips of paper that Midoriya was effortlessly scrawling words on.

"Yeah. Kind of. But I'm free to talk." Midoriya grinned at him. He knew All Might had something to talk to him about.

"Right." All Might sighed. "Have you been keeping tabs on Eri?"

Eri was the young girl that Midoriya had helped save when they were fighting the villain Overhaul. It proved difficult, and Mirio had lost his quirk in the process, but she had been saved in the end. She now stayed under Aizawa's wing, and Mirio and Midoriya checked on her from time to time.

Midoriya instantly nodded. "Yeah! Absolutely. How's she been? I've wanted to check up on her, but with the whole Bakugou rescue, things haven't gone as planned. I know that she's finally gaining control over her quirk, though. She and Aizawa have been practicing."

"Izuku."

All Might was giving him an intense gaze, and he gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

Midoriya's smile sank. Whatever All Might had to say, it had to be bad news.

"Please tell me she's okay.." he whispered.

"She is," All Might assured him. "The thing is.. we were reviewing the quirk-destroying bullets with the police. The ones that contained Eri's DNA. We found a connection."

Izuku's eyes widened. "Have you been able to track down any of her relatives? Has she found somebody who's willing to take her in?"

"Eri's mother didn't want anything to do with her. Her grandfather had died of natural causes only a couple of months ago," All Might explained.

"What about her father?" Midoriya asked. "We know that it's not Overhaul."

"That's the thing." All Might sighed. "Your mother wanted to explain this to you herself, but she has been stressing about it. I thought it might be easier to get this all over and done with."

"So.. what's the big news?" Midoriya's heart began to pound. His attention was now on All Might's words, instead of the love notes now scattered on the floor.

"Eri's father died three years ago because she had used her quirk on him. So much, to the point that she completely rewinded him out of existence. Her quirk was not hereditary, as explained by the police. According to Eri's mother, her father had a fire breathing quirk."

"Hah. That almost sounds like the quirk my dad had." Midoriya chuckled nervously.

"Izuku. That's because they're the same person."

Midoriya's world stopped spinning, sending him crashing into a jerking halt. "Wh-.."

Growing up without a dad wasn't that much of a problem for Midoriya. In fact, he barely even remembered him. As far as he knew, his father had died. He disappeared one day, and there was no trace of him. Every now and then, his mother would still cry about her lost husband. It was one of the reasons he was reluctant about leaving her alone at home when he moved to the dorms. He'd stay with her and just let her talk to her heart's content until she calmed down, and he didn't know how else she'd let out her pain.

Knowing that he caused her this much pain, to just go and run to another family. That made his heart hurt more than anything. He knew his mother had deserved so much better, and now that he knew the truth? He felt better off without it.

His hands furled into tight fists, and he was willing himself not to feel as angry as he did. There was nothing he could do. His father was confirmed dead by now, and it wasn't just a guess.

But if his dad was Eri's dad..

All Might massaged Midoriya's shoulder. "I know this is a lot to take in, kid. You can go home early if you'd like to. Your mother has surprisingly been taking it well. You don't need to worry."

"I-If Eri.. Eri is.." Midoriya stammered. "She's.. My.."

Due to the overwhelming emotion, tears burst from Midoriya's eyes. He was feeling angry, sad, and joy all at the same time, and he wasn't sure which one to focus on first. They were rapidly whirling around his brain, and it was impossible to just grab one.

"Yes, Izuku. She is your half-sister. Your mother is going to let her live with her."

Relief soared through Midoriya's chest. He needed someone to keep his mother company, and this was the best possible way. Eri needed someone to keep her company, too. His mother was the kindest person he knew, and if there was anyone to look after Eri, it would be her.

"But Aizawa's going to miss her, too.. He's practically her dad."

"Inko said he was allowed to visit whenever he pleased," All Might assured him.

"Will Mirio be able to see her, too?"

"Yeah, of course." All Might chuckled softly. "It's your house too. I'm sure she'd love to have all of them over."

This was all so weird and surreal. It had always been Inko and Izuku, and now Eri was going to be part of their family. If they were counting Todoroki, that would make four of them.

That thought made his heart warm up. He adored Todoroki and Eri.

"I think I'll stay here at the dorms and finish Todoroki's present. I'll be sure to find something for Eri, too." Midoriya smiled softly. Candy apples were definitely a possibility.

All Might smoothed a hand through Midoriya's hair, ruffling it affectionately. "I'll let you finish your present, in that case. Take care, kid." He smiled and stood up with a grunt.

"Okay. I'll see you soon, All Might," Midoriya called towards his back.

With one more smile, All Might extended his hand towards the doorknob and exited the room, quietly shutting the door after him.

As Midoriya would come to find out, All Might still had another shocking surprise up his sleeve.

It was only a matter of time.

A/N: Sorry for not finishing this on Christmas oof, I've been celebrating the holidays! How was your Christmas?

Btw, thanks for all the comments and votes! I enjoy reading them all. They make me laugh. As for the votes, I'm surprised this story has even received so many! Thank you so much!!