6

I remained silent and Connell remained still, stuck in position as the group looked around aimlessly, there were 10, meaning I'd have to kill at least 5, assuming they made it easy and didn't fight back, but nothing's ever easy. They turned their backs completely on us. "Sorry guys could've sworn I heard something," He said.

"Same here, except, I was the thing you heard..." I said appearing behind them, "Enjoy the hells for me," I said before taking a swing with my dagger directly through the side of Joseph Romanoe's neck. He made a bloody "Hrk," Sound before falling down to the ground, blood dripping from his mouth. I swiftly pulled my dagger out his fleshy neck and wiped it with my sleeve, "Now, who's next?"

That seemed to provoke them enough. Connell appeared the other side of the group and killed another random villain. The Hetrian witch woman charged towards me with glowing purple hands, I ducked her attack and she charged past me into the man attacking from behind, Completely incinerating him, "Sorry, Jerome..." She wailed as I hit her side as hard as possible with my dagger, Hetrian witches are hard to kill, I knew that as a fact. It barely made a dent.

She roared and her palms lit with purple once more, I ducked turning around to swipe through the woman cowering behind me through the stomach, she let out an anguished squeak and fell to the ground. The blood spilling rapidly out of her torso, the flesh pealing around the fabric of her clothes. Meanwhile Hetrian witch lady was still trying to scorch me, so I kicked her ankle and she fell back again on top of someone Connell had just shot, burning the newly created corpse.

I took this as an opportunity to reestablish my standing position and slash through the man running towards me's neck, almost severing the head and drenching myself and the dagger in blood. I could hear the bone crack as I tried to slice, the sound of it reverberated around my ears and the momentary sight of a bloody neck peeling back, twisted and sliced ligaments escaping out the hole I made flashed in my eyes.

Connell was pretty preoccupied already before Hetrian witch lady turned to cremate him instead of me. I gasped and charged at the guy already on Connell and stabbed a rather unpleasant place- his armpit. The blood sprayed out. "Aaarrrggg!" The man yelled an turned to me, he had a baseball bat and was aggressively swinging it around for protection, he took one powerful swipe to my neck and I flew backwards into the wall on top of the woman I had previously killed. My throat scraped for air for a few moments.

My vision dimmed slightly and I rubbed my neck. The man who just hit me had teamed with the Hetrian witch and were both on Connell. My eyes narrowed. I was not ever going to die in a cave surrounded by corpses people devoted to villainy, nor was I going to fail this trial. Or any others! I pulled the sharpest throwing knife from my bag and aimed directly at the man's head.

It hit him square in the side of his stupid bald head. He flew to the side of the cave with the power of the air born dagger. Meanwhile Connell was trying to fight the Hetrian witch desperately, I skidded to where the newest corpse lay and yanked the baseball bat from his cold dead hands. The Hetrian witch lady had Connell on the floor in a dark corner he was kicking and hollering in anything but his usual skilled, composed obviously perfectionist style of fighting. He was in the tightest spot possible and there was no time for neatness. I jumped on the witch's back and smashed her head with the baseball bat with all my might. Again. Again. Again. Again. She was crumpled to the floor but I needed to make sure she was actually dead.

I continued to violently smash until Connell yelled with a broken voice, "ENOUGH!" I gasped and took out a knife. My voice came out raspy and broken, "Just to make sure." I ran the knife deep in a line down her spine, drawing dark blackened blood.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I rubbed my bleeding face, there was definitely horrible bruising along my right cheekbone and neck. My voice felt defeated, as if the decency to express my opinion vocally had been smashed out by that evil baseball bat. Connell looked worn and had a cut down through his cheek and lip which would definitely scar, apart from that he had gotten off okay, minus his torso being ridden with black bruises. My cheeks burned from exercise and my lungs were practically aflame with adrenaline and an undescribable feeling which wore me out incredibly. We just deposited the bodies in a dumpster in the place we fought.

"Do you, think, w-we made it, out on time, y-you know, has the dragon fight, ended?" I finally managed to get out of my damaged voice box.

"Err, yeah probably," Connell weezed. We hobbled back to the cart. "I'll drive," Connell let out. Perhaps he was just as physically damaged as me, "Nope. I don't care how tired I am, I'm not letting someone without a license drive me home." I croaked in return.

"But-"

"No, there is no changing my mind, now hop in the dam cart," I snapped.