chapter nine: love

--- xxx---

Key || Side Notes || Information
-Bold- = Author Notes
-Italics- = Character's Thoughts (only used once in awhile)
|| This Story will be told in first person point of view, occasionally switching povs every now and then. Warnings will be shown to help readers that are sensitive to gore and violence. Mature language used||

--- xxx---

I unlocked the door leading to the outside world. The first time I went outside without anybody holding me down. I can wander wherever I want. I opened the door and walked down the empty hallway. It was 3:00 am, at least that's what the clock said. I wandered and was about to turn the corner until a nurse was walking down. The heels' clicking echoed down the hallway. I quickly hid behind the wall until the nurse walked into a patient's room.

I walked past and through the window I saw it.

I saw a patient hung from the ceiling. His hair was a pretty blonde color with a beautiful hue of green. His eyes were lifeless however and held little remnants of green. His body was blue, indicating the lost of air and the condition of his body all together. He hung himself with the hospital's wires and equipment. It was truly tragic.

Then, I backed up to look at it even more. Everyone in the room, including the nurses, had quarantine suits on. The room looked like it even had a quarantine bubble in it.

I stared at his lifeless eyes some more. For some reason,

He looked familiar,

A little too familiar.

All of a sudden, my arm got pulled back. I turned around and met eyes with Anthony.

"I'm sorry," Anthony apologized, pulling me into a hug.

I didn't know why he apologized. I mean it's not his fault.

I feel like I'm supposed to know something, but I don't.

I pat Anthony's back and released him from the hug. He looked confused and then saw my calm face. He was trying to read my feelings, but he couldn't find it. He couldn't find why I'm still a happy person.

Anthony shook it off and grabbed my hand gently.

"Since you're here already, there is no point in going back to your room. Wanna hang out with me for awhile?" He asked, his smile beaming.

He rubbed my hand in circles with my thumb, almost begging me to say yes. Of course, I agreed and he fist pumped into the air. I couldn't help but giggle a little bit at his childishness. Anthony dragged me outside the hospital and pointed towards a car. It was a simple black color and looked like a normal everyday car. It was clear that this was a new model, because I never seen something like it before. Granted, I was stuck in the same place for a long time.

He opened the door and grabbed a blanket. Anthony smiled at me and climbed the roof of his car and sat on it with his legs in a triangle. He gently patted the room next to him on the roof of his car and grinned at me once again. I tried my best to climb it, but I couldn't, because I haven't used my muscles in so long.

Anthony jumped off and carried me, placing me on top of his car. He pulled himself back up, pulling the blanket on us, and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

We sat there in silence. I was mesmerized by the plants, the air, the wind, the city. It was a view of a huge city. The hospital was built on top of the hill, almost towering the city. The sky was dark with the city's lights and the stars lighting up the sky.

Anthony said nothing. I looked at him to make sure he's okay, but it turns out he was staring at me. Once he noticed I saw, he smiled at me and leaned closer to me. His lips were going to touch my skin if it wasn't for the quarantine suit.
His words touched me. I fell in love as well. His voice was smooth and even determined. That's when I knew, I fell in love with two.

"I promise I will get you out of here. Just so I can feel the warmth of your skin."