chapter thirteen: knew

A/n: So I don't scare anyone, no I'm not going emo ahaha- I'm simply have a dark aesthetic profile to promote my new book coming out. I'll tell you more about it once it is published.
--- xxx---

Key || Side Notes || Information
-Bold- = Author Notes
-Italics- = Character's Thoughts (only used once in awhile)
|| This Story will be told in first person point of view, occasionally switching povs every now and then. Warnings will be shown to help readers that are sensitive to gore and violence. Mature language used||

--- xxx---

And there I was. Sitting on a bench of the courtyard where we first hung out. Anthony was smiling, still holding my hand. He never responded positively when asked about last night, he just kind of changed the subject. That's kind of why I was determined to ask him about what happened.

"Anthony, please tell me what happened yesterday." I said, my voice laced with concern.

I asked this question about a million times now, but I hoped for a different outcome every time. This time, it changed.

"I- um- look, there is something I need to tell you." Anthony stuttered, taking his hands out of my hand and fiddling with it.

He looked genuinely nervous and shy about the situation. The opposite of what I know him as.

"Yes?" I asked, putting my hand on his shoulder.

His body seemed to relax under my touch, as if it needed it. That's when I saw it. A tear escape from his hazel eyes. I knew for a fact it was a touchy subject.

"Lily isn't my real mom. When I was born, my dad divorced and sued my mom for abuse, when we all knew it wasn't true. I grew up poor, living in a small, rusty house that was only one room. I slept on the floor for most of my whole life. My mother, she made a living by going on streets and looking for guys to hang with for the night. I know, it doesn't sound like she's nice at all, but after my dad sued her, he continued to spread false rumors everywhere. She couldn't get a job or apply for university.

She had to do it for me. She had to sleep with other men to raise me. One day, there was this murder crime that happened near our home, so she took me with to this CEO's house. It was massive. I watched some tv on the giant screen. Before she went upstairs to do business, she came up to me and hugged me. My mom told me to stay here and don't do anything, even if she's in danger. I nodded and she left upstairs to this heavily drunk CEO.

That's when she died in the arms of that asshole."

Anthony's face was buried in his knees. I could hear the soft whimpers and sharp inhales. He was crying. I couldn't blame him, it was something terrible. I guess there was really more than a smile on his face.

I pulled Anthony into a hug and let him cry into my shoulder. I couldn't say anything, because I knew it would ruin the moment. A little splinter can easily ruin the mood.

He stopped after a few moments and wiped his nose. Anthony's eyes were bloodshot red. His nose was the cutest shade of red and he has visible blushes on his cheeks. He was looking down, scared to make eye contact with me.

He glanced at me and I couldn't help, but smile at him. He looked back down again, probably thinking about something. Anthony rose his chin from the ground to look at me straight in the eyes. He had this serious look on his face. He blinked his eyes slowly and looked back at my face, studying my features.

"I love you."