Chapter 41: Too Late?

Start from the beginning

Humaid didn't know what to do. Man was in a dilemma. He surely was worried about his brother and he wanted the best for him. He knew how much love, respect and adoration Arhaan held for Anabiya but he also knew how close Anabiya and Sanaya were.

Humaid was sure that Anabiya still doesn't know about all the fiasco that happened today in the morning otherwise she wouldn't have been so happy and cheerful, as Afia said.

But a part of him also believed what his fiancee was believing and so taking a deep breath, Humaid agreed to whatever Afia was saying.

"You still sure though?", Humaid asked one last time as he picked his phone and Afia nodded.

"Very. Now call The Saeed Industries and ask them to send Arhaan's resigning documents here.", Afia ordered and Humaid smirked.

"I love it when you're bossy.", he muttered as he did exactly what his lady asked him to.

"We never had to force love. We were drowning in it, the moment we met."
...................

Anabiya quickly typed in the details as she read the file related to work infront of her. She wanted to leave early today since she recieved a text from Ruhina saying she needs to meet her and Anabiya just replied with an okay as she thought of it as a random meetup.

Little did she know it was a storm disguised in silence.

"Hey, Anabee!", Anabiya looked up as she saw Afia with some papers in her hand.

"Hey, Sup?", Anabiya asked as she pointed towards the papers.

"Well, Anabiya these are some papers relating to The Saeed Industries and since you were practising there before, these papers can only be filed by you and submitted as they are quite important and confidential. Here....", Afia explained as she slid the papers towards Anabiya.

Anabiya nodded in understanding as she grabbed the file and questioned.

"What are they related to?"

"Resignation. Arhaan's resignation. He's moving to London an-", before Afia could complete, papers dropped from Anabiya's hands as she looked as if someone has slapped her hard.

But wasn't life already slapping the crap outta her?

"Are you okay?", Afia asked, trying to contain her excitement as she knew she was right all along while Anabiya's mind couldn't just process what it heard.

Anabiya felt a weird feeling in her stomach.
Was it sadness? Maybe.
But it was more like a fear. Fear of losing. Fear of letting go. Fear of being too late.

The happiness she was feeling few minutes back was nowhere near now and Anabiya wanted to run away.

And then reality hit her.

She was about to get engaged to Omar and Arhaan with....

"Sanaya?", Anabiya said out aloud and Afia raised her brows.

"What about Sanaya? Their... their engagement?", Anabiya asked as her eyes burnt trying to control the tears.

"Uhm... you don't know I guess. Well, the engagement has been called off this morning.", And as Afia revealed the news, Anabiya felt like throwing up.

As if the news of Arhaan moving to London wasn't enough, this engagement cancelling bomb was dropped off.

Anabiya didn't know what to do, to be honest. She wasn't sure if she should cry over the fact that Arhaan was leaving or ponder about the broken arrangements of Arhaan and Sanaya's engagement.

But she was sure of one thing..... the mess.
The mess that was created and the chaos that will be following this mess.

"This is going to be long day....", Anabiya muttered as she stared at the papers infront of her and then at her phone's screen which showed how Sanaya left her texts on read.

...........

Heyyyyy my babies!
Sorry for the late update (again) but your girl is just busy and life has been pretty weird lately.

So here's the chapter.

Make sure you Vote.Comment and Share.

Also let me know if you want this chapter or the upcoming chapters to be dedicated to you.

I love ya all and that's Humaid in the media sec. Man's hawtttt.

Also Afia and Humaid are Goalssssss!