Two

3019, Earth

Earth wasn't the same as it was during the past one thousand years. Even from where the atmosphere would meet space, there were tips of skyscrapers breaking from the clouds. The spaceship slowly descended through the clouds and when they reemerged into the atmosphere, what they saw was unfathomable.

Buildings covered every square inch of land on Earth, some built in peculiar ways while others were old-fashioned and were erected walls that look like tiny lines from afar. Futuristic cars of different shapes and sizes moved from different roads and intersections. People walked around the place like little ants that seem to get bigger as the spaceship descended. There were big landing pads found on top of some buildings as well.

"That's where we'll land," said Ben, who was on the wheel. Their spaceship was modeled after the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars, but way smaller, just enough for seven people. Once they were hovering around five feet above a landing pad on top of a building, Ben pulled the wheel with his might. To his relief, the spaceship hummed to a stop safely on top of the pad.

Then they emerged out of the spaceship that the Zeus Space Center called Mission Eleven. The name was barely seen on the spaceship yet it caught Ben's eye. He was born with keen eyes, giving him the ability to see far things during his years as a soldier.

"Yo Ben!" Justine called out, snapping his attention. "This guy says we need to pay for the parking."

Ben jogged to Justine and the rest of the group. He saw a young man in casual civilian clothes. He had ruffled hair and twinkling blue eyes. "We're not letting the ship stay here," Ben said to the young man. "We're just here to ask. Where's Stonehenge?" Ben was used to staying in space that he almost forgot about Earth.

"It's in Wiltshire, England," replied the young man. "You don't seem to know about Earth. Are you a humanoid alien?"

"No," Ben admitted. "I only forgot."

Then the little turned and was about to get inside Mission Eleven when the young man shouted. "Are you Ben Connors? Are you. . .are you my father? Only a person like him would forget since he was an astronaut."

He smiled. "Yes," he replied. "I am Ben Connors."

Then the boy ran towards him and gave him a hug. All the tension eased and Ben loosened his posture as the little boy hugged him.

"Welcome back home, papa," the boy said.

When those words came out, it felt like he was on his house, wearing the same military uniform. He saw his wife, standing in front of him like she was literally there. She was the same as when he last saw her: her pink blouse, her long deep brown hair, and her beautiful smile.

"I love you, dear," she said. Even her voice was gentle enough to make him smile. "Go make us proud." She gestured at the baby in her womb. Then she kissed him on the cheek.

She was pregnant.

She smiled again and then a voice rang out, "Um, Ben? Are you okay?"

He looked again and she was gone. He was back in reality with everyone staring at him like they saw a monster.

"Are you okay?" Justine asked.

Ben shook it off. "Just a daydream," he replied.

"He's sometimes like that," the boy explained.