Murphy's Law

Fox huffed and panted as she carried a stack of chopped wood towards the fence

Fox huffed and panted as she carried a stack of chopped wood towards the fence. "CJ, um," She peaked her head out from around the side of the wood. "A little help? I can't really see where I'm going."

"I would, Fox," Clove grimaced standing up from her spot on the ground. "But somebody just waved me over. Good luck." She walked through the camp, searching for another place she could sit and do nothing. Clove had been essentially useless in building the fence, just relaxing around camp all day but nobody had said a word.

"Hey," Murphy exclaimed to a kid named Connor. "You think the Grounders are just gonna sit around, and wait for us to finish the wall? Maybe we should let the little girl do the lifting for you, huh?"

Clove glanced at Connor, who was kneeling on the ground. "I just need some water, okay? Then I'll be fine."

"Murphy," Bellamy interrupted. "Get this guy some water." What a merciful leader, Clove thought as she rolled her eyes.

Murphy walked away from the scene, in Clove's direction. She extended a hand, gripping his bicep as he walked by. "You aren't actually getting him water, are you?" Clove ridiculed. "I mean, if he really needed it that badly, he could get it himself."

"Hell no. I'm just waiting for Bellamy to leave," Murphy smirked, taking a moment to look back, seeing that Bellamy's was off with the side of the tree Connor had previously dropped. "That's my cue. Watch and learn, hot stuff."

Clove's onyx eyes observed the events intently, chuckling quietly as Murphy unzipped his pants and began urinating on Connor's back. Despite how gross it was, as long as it wasn't her in that position, Clove actually found it funny. It was harmless and taught Connor a lessen, she figured. Don't be lazy unless you've got the power to do so.

"Ugh! What the hell is wrong with you, Murphy?" Connor shouted, turning to face the man and shoving him. Two guys immediately came to hold Connor back while Murphy stood in his place, entirely unbothered.

Murphy shrugged, a smirk still gracing his face. "You wanted a water break," He spoke simply, starting to walk backwards as he turned to the crowd. "Get back to work!"

"And why the hell doesn't she," Connor pointed to Clove, a vein popping out on his forehead as he narrowed his eyes at the girl and yelled. "Have to do anything? I've seen her just sitting around all day doing nothing! The grounders aren't gonna sit around all day, isn't that what you said? And she's an exception because you guys are — what — because you're fucking?"

"Careful with your accusations," Clove answered, stepping toward him with her arms crossed so they were only a few inches away. She looked him up and down sharply, making even the bystanders shiver under the intensity of her stare. "Connor. Besides, we haven't even hooked up," She cast a glance over her shoulder to Murphy. "Well... not yet anyway."

"I find that hard to believe. We've all seen how you have been all over him and doing hardly any work. It's not that difficult to put two and two together," He spat, pausing as he mimicked a scan of her body like she had just done. "Slut."