I was suddenly off the ground and in Minho's arms. He started running, holding me bridal style. He was talking to me, but I couldn't focus on what he was saying. I tried to speak again, but he shushed me. He didn't want me to waste my energy.

We were back in the Glade, and I was on the ground. Everyone was crowding, but it was difficult to tell what was going on. I heard a ton of commotion. Minho was on the ground next to me. He was speaking to me, but I couldn't make out what he was saying. I didn't want anybody crowding around me. I wanted them all to go. More importantly, I wanted Newt. I was honestly terrified of what was happening.

I tried speaking, but I couldn't. Minho could tell I was trying to say something, and he shut everybody up. I tried as hard as I could.

"N-Newt..." I whispered, breathing heavily. I was trying with all of my might to hold onto consciousness.

"Someone get Newt!" Minho yelled. After he said it, I suddenly saw another figure over me. It wasn't Newt. I couldn't tell who it was. But he started doing things to me, and I realized it must've been a Med-Jack. He was talking to me, but I couldn't understand him.

Then, there was another person by my side. I knew it was Newt. He was holding my hand, and stroking my hair. I knew he was trying to reassure me somehow, but I couldn't hear him. I was holding on for Newt's sake, but it was getting to hard.

"S-sorry.." I whispered, before fading into a black abyss.

---

All black. All dark. All quiet.

Where am I?

Cold. Silence.

Suddenly, a voice.

Pleading.

Wanting me to hold on.

Hold on to what? It was all dark.

Black. Dark. Voices,

I was in a terrifying place.

No light.

No feeling.

An eternal hell.

Am I dead? Is this what it's like to be dead?

Death. Bleak. Silent.

Am I going to spend the rest of my life here?

No, not my life. My after life.

Insanity. Eternal.

Forevermore, I will be stuck here.

---

"Will she be okay?"

"I don't know yet.. But I'll try my hardest."

"No, she has to be okay!"

"I will try my hardest, but there's no promises."

"Listen up, Clint! I-"

"Newt, calm down. He's going to try his hardest, I'm sure she'll be okay."

"What the bloody hell, Minho! How can you say she's just going to be okay! This is all my fault! I knew something wrong as soon as she woke up that morning, but I let her go into the Maze!"

"No, it's not your fault at all. She's going to be okay-"

"No! You don't know that! You can't just go around saying everything is going to be okay, when you aren't the one going through the pain, shuckface! I'm sick of everyone just saying that, when they don't know!"

"Newt..."

"No! Leave me alone!"

---

"I don't know if you can hear me or not, but I really hope you can. I just want you to be okay. Newt is really stressed out, he won't leave your side. I'm surprised Alby got him to leave for a couple minutes. Minho is working really hard trying to help him out, and Clint is doing a great job at taking care of you. You're such an amazing person, and I appreciate you so much. I just wanted to thank you for everything, and I hope that you're okay."

---

"Rosa, you better wake up soon. I don't know how much longer Newt can take this. I've been taking care of his shuck butt so that he doesn't try anything crazy. Poor guy, I never realized you two had something going on."

---

I opened my eyes, but all I could see was bright light. I squinted, my vision slowly coming into focus. I realized, I was in the Med-Jack room. I looked around, and I suddenly noticed Newt. He was in the chair next to my bed, sleeping.

He looked awful, as if he hadn't slept in days. He had bags under his eyes, and he was snoring lightly. His hair was scruffy, like he hadn't bothered with it at all. He was pale, and he looked exhausted.

I reached out and grabbed his shoulder, and gently shook him awake. "Newt, wake up." I whispered.

"Gah" he mumbled, his eyes not open yet.

"Newt, it's me." I said, a little louder this time. He slowly opened his eyes, and when he saw me, they widened.

Within seconds, he was on top of me, embracing me in his arms. I wrapped my arms around him, and he held me tight. "I missed you so much." He whispered.

We pulled away, and I looked at him, puzzled. "What? I just saw you today.." I said. He looked at me, no longer smiling.

"Rosa, how much do you remember?" He asked me.

"Well, I woke up with you this morning and I felt dizzy. I went with Minho into the Maze.. And we stopped for lunch. I didn't eat anything, because my stomach felt funny. Then we continued running, and.. The rest of it is a blur. I think I fell, and then I was somewhere else on the ground. People were crowding around me, but I don't remember.." I said. I must've passed out and woken up just now. It dark out, so I was probably out for the remainder of the day.

"Rosa.. You've been out for six days. The Box is coming up today. And..." He trailed off, looking as if he were about to cry.

"Newt..?

"You d-died for thirteen minutes.. I was worried I had lost you.. Don't you ever do that again.." He said, starting to cry. I grabbed him and pulled him into another hug.

"I love you, Newt. I love you so, so much. I will never, ever leave you." I whispered into his ear. He held me tight, and didn't let go. We stayed like that for a while, just grateful for each other's presence. When we finally broke away from each other, I sat up in bed. I moved over, and Newt sat next to me.

"So, what happened while I was out?" I asked him.

"Well.. Not much.." He said.

"Really? No interesting stories or anything?" I asked, confused. It was nearly a week, I must've missed something.

"Actually.. I barely ever left your side.." He said, blushing. I grinned at him, and he blushed even more. Wondering how red I could make him, I put my arm around his waist. Again, his face turned a deeper shade of red. I giggled at his embarrassment.

"I didn't think you could turn so red!" I smirked. He curled up in a ball, my arm still around his waist.

"I.. Uh.. I'm not that red, am I?" He asked me.

"Oh of course not, you aren't that red." I leaned in and kissed him on the cheek. "But now you are." I said, smiling like an idiot. Newt's face was the deepest shade of red I've ever seen a face. He blinked a few times, as if he was trying to process what had just happened. He stuttered, trying to say something.

"Oh, don't even try you idiot." I giggled. He finally started smiling, and we both burst into hysterical laughter. Newt could barely breath, and my chest hurt. When we finally calmed down, we looked into each other's eyes.

"Rosa, I love you. I really do." Newt said. I felt a beautiful, warm, fuzzy feeling inside. I felt the butterflies in my stomach as I smiled.

"I love you too, Newt." I said, smiling. I lifted up the covers, making room for Newt to get in next to me. We pulled up the blankets, covering our entire bodies except our heads. I had my body next to his, and I put my head under his chin. I let out a content sigh, and closed my eyes.

"I'll never leave you again." I whispered, and Newt kissed me on the forehead. Maybe, just maybe, life in the Glade would be better than I thought.