The boys stared then threw their heads back and started laughing. The tallest one clutched his stomach, tears forming in his eyes. "What.." He chortled, "What the hell is this?" He strode towards the petite little girl with ridiculously big eyes, her body swathed in a cute, red coat. The boy advanced, looming before her. "Scram, you little brat," he stamped his foot.

Hana didn't move a muscle. She didn't even flinch. She just gave him a disgusted look, as if he was an insect at the bottom of her shoe.

The boy smirked. Leaning forwards, his hands braced in his knees, he shoved his head close to Hana's. "I'm a fresh graduate from the Academy, little brat," he enunciated slowly, as if she was hard of hearing, "if you aren't careful, I can put a scar on that pretty face of yours."

Hana lowered her head as the boy smirked, triumphant. "How about I put a scar on yours?" She murmured.

"What?"

Hana moved too quickly to be seen, head-butting the boy who had stooped to the level of her eyes. Caught off-guard, he fell backwards before Hana kicked him straight in the groin. The boy saw stars, clutching his family heirloom before collapsing to the ground.

The two other boys rushed at her, intent on hurting her.

Hana narrowed her eyes, sidestepping the first blow to her chest and evading the moves of the boy. He seemed frustrated, his punches getting sloppier until Hana seized her chance. She aimed a direct kick to the back of his knee, causing it to collapse from underneath him before she remembered what Kagami had told her a week ago.

"Hana," he whispered, "this is called a punch. If you see anyone who is attacking you, this is what you do to their face."

Hana, bring the ever-so obedient child, nailed her fist straight in the boy's nose. There was a splitting crack and gushing blood as the boy screamed, falling to the ground rather dramatically. Hana hissed when she felt arms wrapping around her chest, lifting her into the air. Looking sideways at the last boy standing, she grit her teeth as she propelled her lower body upwards before bringing her legs down to the ground with all of the strength that she could muster. Her feet throbbed as the boy's grip loosened and she punched him with the same hand, her knuckles flaring with pain.

The boy was knocked backwards as Hana deftly scooped up the fallen headband. "You cowards," she lectured, "how strong do you feel now, knowing that you were beaten by a girl?"

The leader had recovered from the assault, managing it to make it to his knees. His eyes narrowed. "You little twerp—I'm going to get you for that." His hand spun out a kunai, bending into an attack position before the defenseless five-year old. Just then, a hand grabbed his wrist forcefully, causing him to drop his kunai.

Hana's eyes widened upon seeing Kagami, his usual laughing eyes stern and deadly. "K...Kagami," the boy stuttered, before he pointed to Hana. "This little brat started punching us for no reason!"

"I'm sure," Kagami said coolly, "how funny that a little girl with no training beat freshly graduated Academy students such as yourselves."

"Kagami-nii!" Hana called out, eyes blazing, "they were hurting her!" She gestured towards the bleeding genin, her eyes wide at the sudden turn of events.

"Wait, you know the little brat?!" The boy asked incredulously.

"That 'little brat'," Kagami said in a level voice, "is my baby cousin."

The boy's face turned whiter than paper. He recoiled, shaking. "S...Sorry...." he stammered, "we'll be going now." He turned to his fallen compatriots as they practically ran for their lives. Kagami exhaled, turning towards Hana with a stern look on his face.