The Talk Part 3

Liv slept most of the day with the cast popping in at different times to check up on her before having to go back and film some more. Steven was currently on set but I had taken some time off to make sure liv was going to be okay.

Chandler was the last person to come visit just before visiting time ended. I hadn't moved all day from my seat, my hand was still tucked into Liv's safely.

"Lauren, can I ask you something?" He asked and sat on the opposite side of the hospital bed.

"Sure. What's on your mind?" I asked

"Do you think Liv likes me?" He asked.

"Of course she likes you, she's your friend," I replied. I was sure I knew where this was heading but I wanted him to admit it first.

"No, I mean likes me likes me." He reiterated.

"I don't know. You would have to ask her that. Unfortunately, she doesn't tall boy talk with me." I told him and he smiled at me.

"I don't want this to ruin our friendship. What if she doesn't like me the same way?" He was really worried about this.

"Look Chandler, Liv is different, she's been through a lot of her life. She is special and I'm glad you can see that too. Wouldn't it be worth it if you asked her? Risk your friendship in the hope you can start dating each other? It's your call. You need to speak to her, while you're alone. Maybe wait until she's out of the hospital and takes her out to do something and see where it goes. But I'm behind you every step of the way." I told him and reached across the sleeping body and squeezed his hand tight.

"Thank you. I really needed to hear that." He whispered to me and I smiled.

"I've known you since you were 10, I trust you not to break my daughter's heart." He nodded. "Just figure out what you want to say and say it when she back home." I smiled and he thanked me before leaving. I kissed Liv's head and leaned back in my seat, letting sleep overcome me.

I wondered where we can go from here. The press will be all over this since Liv is my not so secret child.