Chapter 16: Reactions

Start from the beginning

Jack :)

"Is it a love note?"

I looked up to see a grinning Grace, she gets so excited over these things. (Think of her as Amy from Little Women)

I shook my head quickly, putting the note in my pocket "No. No its from Jack"

"She's getting all of her love letters from Spot" Ruby fixed her outfit. I sighed knowing Ruby was in a mood now "Ruby, don't be mad with me-"

"Why would I be mad? You can date Spot and  I-"

"You're dating Spot Conlon!!!!!!!!?????"

"Tell all of Brooklyn, why don't ya!" I called out. This is just crazy now. Ruby is mad at me, Grace is to excited and I don't even know how everyone else is going to react.

Especially Jack

----

Just breathe. Jack is going to be here any moment and you're just going to tell him. But what happens if he over reacts!? No it'll be fine. How do I know? This might be the end of our friendship or I don't know maybe-

"Izzzzzzzzy"

I was pulled into a tight hug by Jack. We were at Brooklyn Bridge,  are meeting point.

"Jack. How are you?" I nervously asked. My whole body was basically shaking.

"Great!" He gave me a quick pat on the back "First tell me....Race didn't flirt with you did he?"

"No" I laughed "He gave the note to Grace.....she like adores him"

"And me?"

"Not so much"

We carried on with our jokes as we walked along the bridge and the streets of Brooklyn. It was like old times. But I knew I had to bring up the boyfriend thing. Especially the Spot part.

"Jack, I need to tell you something big"

"How big?" He smirked as we strolled along the back way to get to my work. He was eating some bread right now, though I was going to give him food later.

"Like.....boyfriend big?"

Jack stopped. He was like that for a second or two before he turned around. I look at the floor not wanting to see his face when I told him the next part "He's also a newsie?"

"What!?"

Jack was in shock, I don't know if it was about having a boyfriend or the newsie part.

"He's a nice guy" I put my hands up as we walked forward to get inside. Jack was asking my every single question in the book. His height, age, kindness, what borough was he from? When did we start dating?

"We started 2 weeks ago. I'm sure you know him" I opened the door slowly trying to be calm. Ok I was freaking out. Though it was going to get a lot worse.

"Izzy, Oliver is here"

.....WAIT

Oliver was leaning against the counter. He was drying some dishes, probably because I wasn't there.

I had to ask special permission from Mr Brown to leave for the first half. I explained saying I wasn't doing anything much for the first half, also I would do extra stuff for closing hour.

Oliver gave me a cute friendly smile saying hi. He then turned to Jack and asked why he looked so confused.

"Wait...." Jack turned to me. He was confused but then it turned to a big smile "You and "  Turning to Oliver he smiled more "Oliver! Oh I thought it was someone crazy. Thank god. This is amazing!"