♡ Derek Lutz // Holiday Hero ♡

Start from the beginning

He wasn't even a thought anymore.

Bags all ready to grab upon your return, just your essay to turn in, you ran across campus. It seemed so simple, returning for the holidays was just a twelve-page paper and a hailed taxi cab to the train station away.

Eager and excited to be done as you entered your lecture hall, reaching into your bag, your heart sunk to the very bottom of your stomach. 

It was missing.

'Nonononononono'  

Your brain went into a panic, as you could feel your body temperature rise and your breathing rapidly increased. Your fingers shook as you searched all throughout your bag.

Nearly to the point of dumping your bag all over the floor and becoming a huge puddle of tears- a stapled packet of papers slid right to you from the table. Your eyes widened- There it was.

A few seats down, there was a student adorned in an all-black attire. He was sitting with his clunky dark boots up, sunglasses, and a wild spiked blue and red hairstyle. If it weren't for that smart smirk of a smile, you would've thought he was just some random punk.

Grabbing it and running down to the bottom of the auditorium to turn in your paper, and shake hands with your professor,  you slowly made your way back up the seats to thank the stranger.

It was a total personality flip, as he stood from his seat to greet you at the top of the steps. Yesterday he had a head of messy brown hair like he had just woken up, jeans, and a neutral patterned sweater. Now, he was right in front of you with this look. Very versatile, you thought, as the blush from yesterday crept up without warning as you got closer on the steps. 

You tried thinking of words, but you were at a loss. "I, uh, um-" You muttered, looking at him and then looking away. "Thanks. I really mean it." Before you knew it, your legs started walking past him and out the door.

"Thanks? Thanks!" The boy followed you out the door, eccentric and full of energy as he jumped around you, "That's really all you have in you?!" He snagged his dark shades to reveal bright eyes.

You stopped as he jumped right in front you. "Well? what do you want me to say? You're just someone who popped into my life! Yes, thank you so much, stranger, you saved my ass back there." Him being frantic caused you to have a small burst of energy as you explained yourself.

"I did more than just save your ass Y/N Y/L/N, I practically saved your academic career! So don't you think I deserve something along the lines of-" He began to impersonate a high pitched female voice,

"Oh, Derek Lutz! Thank you! Sorry that I never noticed you in the back of the classroom, oh! Thank you so so so much, you're my hero! How can I ever repay you?"

Holding in laughter, you just stared at him, "I don't- hey, how do you know my name?"

He then shrugged while walking off, this time you were the one following and jumping around him.

"You read my essay, didn't you?"

He just smiled and kept walking, placing his sunglasses back on, "It was so tempting, Y/N,  to just turn it under my name. But yet, I don't think professor whats-her-face would expect me to have such a passion for Wuthering Heights. So how about that repayment? Dinner? Movie? Coffee? When can I meet mom and pops?"

Derek spoke like he just said whatever thought came to his mind, and while coffee and talking the rest of the day sounded like a fun time, you had a train to catch. But, not leaving him empty handed, you gave him your home phone number, saying that's where you'd be spending your break. If he did or didn't call, that was the least of your worries. You'd be bound to run into him again in the spring semester.

         At home for the holidays a few days now, it was nice to take a break from your schedule of classes and just lounge around the house in pajamas. Of course, there were the questions of how classes were, if you're sure this is the degree you want, any roommate trouble, or if you were seeing anyone. Repeating to aunts, uncles, and the grandparents, you spoke too soon as your mother called your name, saying that your boyfriend was on the phone. She had been speaking to him a few minutes prior, your mother laughing and whispering to you how charming he sounded. Derek Lutz? Charming? You covered the phone, telling your mom he's not your boyfriend, but she just smiled and left the room to give you privacy.

"You told my mother we were dating?" Turning away from the group of family in the living room, apart of you was glad he called but was concerned more about the fact you had some explaining to do to your relatives.

"Hello, to you too, girlfriend," Derek spoke with pointed pep in his tone, 

"Did Santa bring you everything on your list?"

_____________________________________

Happy Holidays/New Years, readers!!

I know I haven't been updating as much, but hopefully, this makes up for it!

On top of finding new ideas for chapters to publish, I've just been dabbling in things to write for my new Tom Holland/Peter Parker imagines book, Serendipity 

Requests for Ambivalence are now reopened, and if you would like a request for Serendipity please feel free to send me a message!

I hope you all had a wonderful break!