♡ Cameron James // Romeo In Black Jeans ♡

' What if I were Romeo in black jeans?What if I was Heathcliff, it's no mythMaybe she's just looking forSomeone to dance with '

What if I was Heathcliff, it's no myth
Maybe she's just looking for
Someone to dance with '

Your family had only moved to the Seattle area a mere two weeks ago; you had been enrolled at Padua High School, awkwardly at such a late time in the semester. The school's castle-like architecture already had you confused as you tried finding the rooms according to your new schedule, pushing through the crowds of fellow students and new faces. Everyone in your family seemed to have settled with the move perfectly, except for you. Classwork and everything was fine, you actually liked your new teachers, but the fact you didn't know anyone was the obstacle you were stuck on. These Pacific Northwestern teenagers were practically like a whole new breed of adolescence. With that being, lunch was usually spent alone. The cafeteria: its herds and questionable school food had driven you to spend that half hour in the library.

You were practically capable of packing your own lunch, but your mother still took the time of day to make you something. Usually leftovers with whatever fruit she had bought during the recent grocery trip, as well as a few quarters to buy milk- but let's face it, you've gotten a little too old to buy milk at lunch. So you've spent that loose change at the school's vending machines, usually purchasing a fizzy drink or the unnaturally bright red fruit punch.

"Just one month of this," you told yourself, munching on a baby carrot. "-just one more month of this, the summer, and then when I come back in the fall I'll start things out right." You kept trying to tell yourself this, but could you really manage sitting by yourself in between the autobiography and classic literature section? Just you and your Mp3? Possibly, but it's the second week in and you're already bored to death of this.

The last few hours of the day had finished, and you braced yourself through the halls and to the parking lot to your car. This was another thing you had to get used to- with the student population being that massive and everyone wanting to go home, you had no choice but to sit in the driver's seat and wait for traffic to be somewhat approachable. Tossing your backpack in the passenger seat and slumping your shoulders as you rolled your eyes at the people, you figured messing with the radio will help pass the time. Only playing whatever CDs you stored in your car, you took this as an opportunity to at least see what everyone was listening to. You kept turning and turning the dial until a song had caught your attention. It was one of your favorites, an artist you've liked for some time now. At least now you don't feel like a total outsider, Seattle at least had this to offer to make it feel more like home.

Tuning in just in time for the song to start at the beginning, you sat in your car and just listened to the entirety, even when the parking lot exit became accessible. When it ended, you wished there was someway you could rewind the radio and listen to it on repeat. The radio DJ, however, did something better. Letting listeners know that they're coming to the city this weekend for a show, and tickets were on sale now at certain locations. One of them, a CD store downtown on your way home, made you quickly switch gears and race over to buy a ticket.