♡ Neil Perry // Records ♡

This was the last weekend you were able to spend with your boyfriend, Neil, before he was to return to Welton Academy for the spring semester

This was the last weekend you were able to spend with your boyfriend, Neil, before he was to return to Welton Academy for the spring semester. It was an all-boys school, so the only times you were able to talk were over the phone before curfew hours, or in the letters, you two would exchange. 

Your parents had decided to take the night out, leaving you left alone with the house to yourself. So, doing the next logical thing, you called your boyfriend over. He was leaving in a few days and you wanted to spend as much time you could with him.

Answering the knock on your front door a while later, you rushed to open it, knowing exactly who it was. 

There the taller boy greeted you, nose and ears already red from the intense cold. He had only lived next door, so you were surprised to see the state he was in. Immediately bringing him in and shutting out the harsh weather, you had to stretch to your tippy toes in order to brush off the snow that stuck to his neatly kept hair.

"Your house is only fifty feet away! How on earth did you manage to collect so much snow on you?" Reaching to take his coat off for him, he swooped under from your arm, then guided you to your living room couch.

Neil gave a great grin, sitting the two of you down "I went out and got you something, [Y/N]."  Pulling out an already wrapped package from his coat, that he appeared to be protecting with his life,  he handed it over to you.

"... but Christmas was two weeks ago, Neil." Raising a brow at the boy who was all giddy, waiting for you to open the gift. Seeing him like this brought a huge smile to your face, but you were still trying to reason with him that he didn't need to get you any more gifts.

Tearing off the wrapping, you were in complete awe by what was in front of you.  You had loved Billie Holiday, basically owned all her albums and singles you could get your hands on. Countless days you had saved lunch money and birthday money from relatives to expand your collection. Now, right in front of you, the album that you were missing.

"Oh my goodness!" You held up the record, eyes examining it from every corner, before bringing it to your chest. Neil bit his lip with a satisfied look, already knowing that the gift was perfect. On holidays when he was home, you were the one to get him out of the house, especially out of the way of his reigning strict father. Every time then you would have a day together, the record store was the first stop. He knew that you adored Billie Holiday, and were always saddened when you would ask if they had the particular album in stock. They only had the one copy that was strictly for store purposes, and Neil would laugh to himself as he watched you always try to bargain with the shop owner into letting you own that record.

Placing the album aside and practically jumping into his lap, you wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him all over, saying thank you with every peck. He was definitely warmed up by now. Smiling, kissing him one last time before going to play the record.

"How were you able to get your hands on this?" You glanced back over your shoulder, placing the needle on the record and turning up the volume.

"I uh, traded a few from my own collection." His elbows were brought forward, supporting him as he leaned forward from where he sat.

Your face dropped, "Oh, no, Neil... not your Paul Anka?" You crawled back over, looking up at him. "Your Perry Como?" 

Placing an arm on his knee, resting your chin, you stared up into his soft brown eyes with a worried look. Sunny afternoons lounging in the heat, just laying down together were spent listening to those artists. If Neil was getting frustrated with his father trying to control his life, he would come over with his own personal collection. Unbothered in your room, you two would listen to the slow tunes, as he would try to decompress and vent to you about his father. You would hold him, a hand playing with his hair, or you rubbing his back.

The boy just shrugged, with a mild and unbothered look on his face. "They just collect dust while I'm away." At his school, they weren't even able to keep a radio humming during personal leisure time.  How would he be able to keep an updated collection? "Besides, [Y/N], it was all worth it just to see your eyes gleam the way they did."

___________________________________________________

I hope this isn't too short, I sorta feel like it is??

anyways, the album I had in particular for this was Velvet Mood, so check it out if you want! ;)

also don't forget to vote and comment/inbox your requests!!

❤❤❤