Chapter Forty Nine: Fall Out

Start from the beginning

I stuttered, unsure of what to say.

So I decided to dodge the question, "I don't know."

He stared at me, adjusting his shirt. "I was thinking about it..." He muttered, "And the only common denomination between them (IM, Hyungwon, and Wonho) at least is you." He looked at me. "And something is telling me that you know what's going on. You're just not saying it." I opened my mouth to speak and he continued, "I may not be the leader of the group. I may not be the strongest, or the tallest... but if I have to protect my group members than I will do whatever it takes. Even if it means I have to go through you."

My heart dropped. I had never seen this side of Kihyun before.

"So tell me the truth." Kihyun continued.

I stared at him, his face stone cold and waiting for my response.

"Yesterday I told the Shownu, Hyungwon, Wonho, and Changkyun that we all need to stop secretly meeting alone," I explained.

"I knew Shownu had a crush on you!" Kihyun said, putting a hand up excitedly, "I could tell he was more giddy than usual."

I smiled, but continued on with our conversation, "And I didn't get two minutes into the conversation before the four of them started arguing. I feel like I shouldn't have said anything..."

"Kihyun, you're on for your rehearsal," A staff member came over, pulling him away.

"We'll talk about this later!" He bellowed as he walked away, "I think I've got an idea!"

I stood alone, looking at the vast backstage area.

'How can we get them talking again?' I thought.

I was the reason they were fighting, I might as well be the reason they made up.

Wonho's POV

We bowed to the audience after an amazing concert. The crowd loved us, and we loved them back. It was amazing to see we had fans all over the world.

While performing I was able to let go of all of my personal problems and just enjoy myself. But as the group walked off into the backstage area, and I was able to take out my earpiece, I felt the anger slip back.

"Good job guys!" Jiyeon cheered once she saw us.

I smiled for a moment, but it disappeared quickly.

I felt exhausted physically and mentally. I was so done competing for her love.

At the end of the day, didn't I deserve her love? Didn't I fall for her first?

There are so many things I have sacrificed, and so many things I have done for others, just to make them happy. When I was younger, I dated my friends who was transitioning into a boy in order to protect him. I've given up my feelings for girls to succeed and debut in Starship to make my fans happy.

There isn't much I've asked for in life.

Now I just wanted her. And I almost had her to myself too. If not for them.

The others just wanted to steal her away without taking my feelings into consideration.

My eyes flickered over to Shownu.

'He's already stolen enough from me, hasn't he?'

I was supposed to be the leader of this group, and he took that position away from me. Sure I understand why it was done, but I was still bitter about it. And whenever I got mad at him, my mind couldn't help but go back to that first betrayal.

"So what's for dinner?" Minhyuk asked cheerfully.

"I'm thinking we should just eat back at the hotel and get some rest." Kihyun suggested.

"Good idea." Shownu sighed.

"I think we should go somewhere fun to eat." I cut in, disagreeing with Shownu immediately.

"That works too." Jooheon shrugged.

"What do you think, Jiyeon?" Changkyun turned to her and asked.

'Dammit, that's what I should have said.'

She looked a bit uncomfortable. Jiyeon probably knew that her words held a lot of weight. Her decision could cause a huge fight.

Hyungwon sighed, "Let's just eat at the hotel."

"Of course you'd side with him." I scoffed, rolling my eyes.

"What?" Hyungwon growled, looking at me.

The group turned to look at Hyungwon and I, their eyes widening. They knew an argument was about to happen.

"Nothing, just forget about it." I muttered.

_________________

The first update of 2019! I hope you guys enjoy.

I saw that Monsta X had a fan concert in Korea recently and I'm super jealous of everyone that got to attend! It looked like a super cute concept and the videos from the event are amazing.

But, like, can we talk about how perfect Monsta X are?