Chapter 1: Hello

A/N: above is a picture of Selena. She's supposed to look kinda in between Latina and Indian. If you guys have a different version of her, feel free to imagine her that way.

I've seen the same images a thousand times. Each time more realistic than the last. A scared little girl no more than six huddled in the darkness under a ginormous staircase, a tornado like force of red and black spinning rapidly outside. The girl pulls her knees tightly to her chest and puts her face on them, her golden brown hair shielding her from the outside world. The huge brown castle like doors are violently thrown open, the little girl's brown eyes quickly bolt up and she scrambles to get away as a black cloud with an eerie voice that's ever so familiar tries to surround her. She sprints to the back of the building and through another set of opened heavy brown doors. She starts running through a forest with the voice not far behind. "Astrid, you can't hide from me" says the voice. The name is so familiar it's like my own name is being called but I know that can't be true since my name is Chloe. The little girl continues running until her dress that reminds me so much of Ericka's dress from Barbie a Princess and a Pauper, gets stuck on a tree's branch. She doesn't notice and tries to keep running which trips her and gets her foot stuck between two branches. She struggles to get free but the black cloud with the eerie, evil voice catches up with her. She continues to struggle to get free with a pure look of terror in her eyes. I see the black cloud through her eyes, then the images fade to white and disappear. My parents have been pretty worried about me. They've sent me to hundreds of therapists and psychologists, but nothing worked. I still have this same nightmare almost every single night.
The only one who really understands me and thinks my dream doesn't make me weird is my best friend Selena. She was always the prettier one out of the two of us. Don't get me wrong I know I'm beautiful, but Selena is drop dead gorgeous. She was the type of girl that's usually described as a "bad girl", but she's not your typical hot bad girl that throws herself on guys, dresses like she's half naked, and is basically a Barbie doll thin dummy. She was kind, she was my first (and only) friend. She was popular and so was I (because of her). She was always there for me when I needed her, even if coming to me might have threatened her popularity. We have always been a team. It was always Selena and Chloe, the bad girl with a pure heart and the good girl who only .05 of a mischievous side - that is, unless I was with Selena outside of school. Speaking of school.... School! I forgot it was Monday!
I raced around my room looking for something to wear to school. I settled for my red Like a Bawse cropped sweatshirt, black jeans, black sneakers, and quickly brushed my hair tying it up in a high ponytail. I then bolted down the stairs and made a breakfast taco - a waffle or crepe, slathered with Nutella, berries, and whip cream - as quickly as I could and hurried to school. I had to walk because I already missed my bus but lucky for me, the school's only a block away. Ping! My phone had a notification so I stopped walking and checked it. I had two texts from Selena.

Selena : Chlo, where are you? We were supposed to have our daily gossip on the bus but instead you abandon me.

Selena 😎: CHLO HELP! I've already had Revolting Ron try to show me his abs which we all know is flabs. MULTIPLE TIMES! Let's just say it's NOT a pretty sight.😷

Me: Sorry Sully. Completely forgot it was Monday and missed the bus. Tell Mr. Babyshark I'll be a little late. Gotta go somewhere quick. You know the drill, cover for me until I get back.

Selena 😎: kk see you soon. Btw you owe me for ditching me.

I slid my phone back in my pocket and walked to a Starbucks that wasn't too far from the school. I walked into school with the large chai lattes I ordered secretively and expertly hidden in my bra. I also brought a third one for Mr. Babyshark so he wouldn't count me as tardy. I walked into homeroom and did a kakaw that was only loud enough for Selena to hear so she could stop stalling.
"Here Mr. Babyshark, I brought you some coffee."
"Thank you Chloe."
"May Selena and I visit the restroom?"
"Well, you were grammatically correct and brought me coffee. So I guess."
Selena and I went to the restroom and I whipped out our coffees. We gave each other a quick hug then headed to our classes. I was walking in the hallway with my drink in my hand when suddenly, my face collided with a defined chest and resulted in my top being drenched in coffee. I was surrounded by an intoxicatingly wonderful cologne as I looked up and met the most beautiful pair of eyes I have ever seen.

A/N: all text messages will be in italics. This is my first time writing a teen romance book so please bear with me. I will be updating whenever I have time so I can't guarantee a specific day for updates, but it will most likely be on weekends and Fridays. Thanks for reading, leave a vote down below if you liked it.