Chapter 13

Jake's POV

I sat shuffling papers at a mahogany desk, situated in the corner of my room. Delilah lay on the bed, she was still asleep, but defiantly getting better. I felt so guilty. Hurting her physically was taking a massive toll on me mentally.

I rubbed my face with my hands as a thumping headache returned. She stirred behind me and I jumped up quickly to her side. Realising I might've scared her, I held my breath in anticipation. She tried to lift her head to face me, "Good morning." Delilah smiled but then pain struck her face. "Ah, don't move too much. You'll still be sore." I knelt down beside her, stroking her hair from her face.

Delilah smiled then had a look around the room. "Where's this?" I opened my mouth but she beat me to taking. "Don't tell me you've been sleeping on that?" She pointed at the sofa with a screwed but blanket on it. I shrugged and gave a lopsided smile.

She sat up despite the pain and looked me in the eyes. Chucking, Delilah brushed down my bed hair with her hands. We both smiled lovingly at each other. But then it hit me, "I'm so sorry." I muttered and as soon as I said it she replied with a sigh.

"Leave it Jake. It was my fault." She smiled, somehow making me feel more guilty. I tried to retort but she put a finger on my lips. "Please Jake." Delilah lifted an eyebrow and sighed. "We don't tell anyone your the boss okay?" I tried to lighten the mood and was glad to see her smile back.

She shuffled over to the other side of the bed than patted beside her, implying she wanted me to sit next to her. I climbed onto the bed and came and sat next to her. Delilah wiggled down then rested her head on my chest, pain flashing on her face on her way down. I sat the twirling her hair in my fingers. A nice and happy silence settled upon the room as the both of us lay in peace.

Thinking back to what Scott had said cause a frown the crease on my face. Why did they blame her? A stroke of sadness hit me as I thought about people wanting to hurt her. People that were living with her. Delilah moved her head up to face me with a worried look. "You okay?" Her concern quickly replaced my sad thoughts. Brushing them completely out of my mind -for now- I concentrated on her for a while. "Yeah." I grinned down at her. Kissing her on the forehead caused a sigh of contentment from her.

If only it could stay like this forever.

**I know this is short but I'll make the next one extra longer xD

Sorry I've been busy lately but I'll try my best!!!**