Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Melody's P.O.V.

After a very funny afternoon with Kat, Lucy and Evelina, afternoon classes are finally over, which means... I can go to the school orquestra's classroom and see Shane. No, I'm not going to visit him when it ends, as usual. This time I'm really going to go and... socialize a bit. Have some fun. I wish Kat could come with me, but she prefers to go home to get some chores and her homework done.

After our last afternoon class was over, I got my stuff, said goodbye to Kat, Evelina and Lucy, and made my way to the orquestra's classroom, which is in the same floor as the classroom I had my last class in. That's good, since it means I won't have to go up or down any stairs, I just have to walk down the corridor.

Less than a minute later of walking through the corridors, I found the orquestra's classroom and peaked in through the little window on the door. There were a lot of people in there, sat on chairs, preparing their instruments. I then noticed Shane leaned back against a desk that was not very far from the piano.

I opened the door and entered very shyly, since everybody's eyes were now on me. I did my best to ignore them and walked to a very surprised Shane.

          Melody: Hey. - I whispered shyly to him as I observed everybody else around us, through the corner of my eye.

          Shane: Melody... What are you doing here? - he asked surprised and I smiled. He looks cute when he's surprised... Ok, what the hell did I just think??

          Melody: You invited me to join. Remember? - I asked as I remembered the day we met and he first heard me playing - Instead of joining, I've only come here out of hours to play the piano so... today I decided I'm going to join so I won't break the rules. - I said, making him smile happily that now I'm actually joining the school orquestra, instead of appearing once in a while uninvited.

          Shane: Very well... I'm very pleased that you decided to join. Let me just present you to everybody. - he said with a bright smile as he turned to the tons of people on the room eyeing us. Most specifically, me. - Attention everyone! This one here is Melody White, who is joining us today. Please make her feel welcome. - he announced and everybody said "hello" and "welcome to the orquestra" to me and I smiled back at them all - Oh, and she's going to play the piano. - he said motioning me to sit in the piano and I gave him a little glare. I wanted to observe them first.

I walked up to the still beautiful black piano and sat in the black bench in front of it. The second I sat, memories of when I played here with Shane came to my mind, especially that little memory of our almost kiss. I looked up and noticed some scores. The one on top was the score for "The Heart Asks Pleasure First", my favorite song. But this one was different. It was an orchestra version.

          Shane: Ok, is everyone ready? - he asked, followed by everybody nodding and saying yes. He turned to me, waiting for my answer, and I just gave him a nervous nod, making him grin. - Ok, so let's first play "The Heart Asks Pleasure First" by Michael Nyman. Everybody's got their scores? - he asked and they nodded, showing him the sheets - Ok, let's begin.

I then noticed that, since I was playing the piano, he'd be the maestro. He motioned for the right instruments to begin, which were the two flute players. They played their part and it then passed to the violins. He motioned them to play silently, aka piano. One of the flutes then played alone, before a small pause came. Then all instruments began to play, including the piano, so I had to putt my hands to work.

I've never heard an orchestra version of this song and let me tell you... it sounds so beautiful. It's simply gorgeous. There are no words to describe it. Everyone is in perfect harmony, I bet this is not the first time they're playing this version of the song.