Chapter 13

WOAH!!!! A CHAPTER?!?!? THAT'S SO AMAZING!!!!!! I am sooooo sorry guys. I just got caught up in a new book on a different account I have. If you like Marvel, then I write that as well. My account is @marvell_15 you guys. AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE 3K!!!!
____________________________

Third Person P.O.V

It was soon the next day and it was time for the six to separate for their different classes. Butch walked along the hall down to the field and changed in the changing rooms. The coach had told them that they would be practicing soccer drill with partners and then proceeded to call out everybody's name with their partners. Butch was zoned out, waiting for his name to be called out and was snapped back to reality when he heard it with Kaoru's name. He looked at her and saw she had noticeably paled. The coach told them the safety rules and which drills to practice and sent them to their own parts of the field to practice.

Butch and Kaoru had been sent a secluded and slightly hidden part of the field where the started practicing. After a few minutes of silence, Butch decided to make some small talk.

"So, how's life been for ya?" Ignored

"Is soccer still your favourite sport?" Silence

"You seem to be much more quieter than I remember..."

She looked up at that and looks at him. She frowned.

"And who's fault do you think that is?" He winced at how weak her voice sounded.

"Kaoru-"

"No. You don't get to say anything." Out of anger, she kicked the ball harder than she intended and nearly hit his face.

"ACK!" He was crouched on the ground and looked at her with an incredulous look.

"WHAT WAS THAT FOR!" She shrugged.

"Just felt good to." She turned back and ran to get the ball.

As she returned, she went back to playing gently like she did before. He studied her as she passed back and forth. The way her pitch black hair swayed on the wind. Her rosy cheeks. He used love the way she flushed when he used to surprise her with little kisses randomly.

He missed the time when he used to run his hands through her hair during the movie nights, lulling her to sleep. He loved and missed the way her face lit up while playing soccer. He loved her whole self. He didn't realize the wistful and dreamy smile the crept along his face.

He slowly walked towards her and she slowly started realizing what was happening.

"What are you doing?" He snapped out of his trance.

"Uh... what?"

"Whatever." She mumbled.

She kicked the ball one more time but she slipped on the mud. Before Butch could realize what was happening, he leaped towards her and caught her by the waist, seconds before she hit the ground.

He looked into her fearful green eyes and fell in love with her all over again. He loved her. He missed her. And he couldn't live without her, or with the knowledge that the pain she's going through is because if him. Her arms rested against his chest and he could feel her breathe against his face. Both of them leaned in and their lips brushed against each other. It wasn't a kiss but it felt like fire. Sparks burst from them both and they felt like they were on cloud 9. He tightened his hold on her waist and stared intently into her eyes. He didn't know you could love someone so much.

"Kaoru, I..."

And Kaoru realized. She could pretend to hate him, but she loved him more than her whole being. And that's maybe what scared her the most. She pushed him away and he fell back.

"No!" She felt her face flush and she looked away. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Butch getting up and walking towards her but she took a step back. He opened his mouth to say something but the coach blew his whistle. She had never been so excited to her the whistle before. She left, sprinting at full speed towards the girls changing room, not looking back until she entered the doors.

"I can't believe I still love you..." she whispered to herself sliding down against the stall door, head in her hands.

She never really heard what Butch said, but as she left running he words died in his throat.

"I'm sorry..." He meant to say.

"I'm sorry... and I mean it."