Chapter 10

OMG! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR 1000 READS!!!!!!! I LOVE OU GUYS!!!!! And new chapter earlier than usual. So hope you like. Be sure to check out my new book, "Can I Ever Stop The Hurting?" . Anyways, on with the chapter.

...

Boomer P.O.V.

I decided to take a walk down to the park. Brick was celebrating. Butch was sulking. And I was here trying to figure out my situation. The crisp fall air felt good. It reminded me about the times me and Miyako went for walks.

I reach the park and am about to go sit on the swings when I stop short. I blonde girl in pigtails sat there talking to a little boy. But not just any blonde girl. It was Miyako. But just as I was about to reach her, still a few feet away from her so that she couldn't see me, the little boy left waving and she got up and left the park.

I followed her but kept my distance so she doesn't see me. She seemed to be in a daze the whole way back. She took a turn to her street. I was about to follow her when I got a call.

"Hello?"

"Boomer? Where are you?" Brick answered the phone.

"I just went out for a walk. The weather was nice." I told him.

"Well, come home. I need a little help with Butch." I sighed.

"Can it wait? Or is it a "right now" kind of thing?" I asked.

"Eh... it's in between. Just come home. We need dinner too. And I'm in the mood for you're cooking." I groaned.

"Are you kidding me? Really? Can't you just ask the cook?" I ask, exasperated.

"No." He said simply.

"Ugh. Fine. Be there in ten." I told him.

I look towards the corner longingly, wanting to continue following her. But Brick wanted me home. I started my journey back. This is going to be a long day.

Brick P.O.V.

YES!!!! I got paired with Momoko! I was worried about her when she left, but when she did, realization hit me like a bullet. I. Will. Be. Working. With. Momoko. My girlfriend (you mean your ex-girlfriend😒). And then there's Butch. Ever since that soccer game, he's been out of it. I know for sure that it's because of Kaoru, but whenever I look at him, his eyes are filled with guilt. He didn't eat Boomer's cooking either. Boomer's cooking! He loves that stuff!

I decided to go check on him, me being the good, amazing and devilishly handsome brother I am.

"Yo, Butch, you good?" I ask him from outside the door.

I heard a muffled 'yeah' before him going silent.

"Can I come in?"

"No."

"Well, too bad, I'm coming in anyway." I told him.

I walk inside and find him face first in his pillow. His limbs fanned out like a starfish. Ha. Butch the starfish. Who lives in a rock under the sea? BUTCH THE STARFISH! (I'm sorry but I had too. It was to irresistible for me to not put this joke in.)
I crack myself up sometimes. I go to Butch and start poking him.