Chapter 9

HELLO PUFFS!!!!!! So, you'll be seeing some new stories coming from me next month and I can't wait to finish and publish them. If you like this book, I think you'll like those one too. AND THANK YOU FOR ALL THE SUPPORT!!!! I love you guys!!! Now enjoy the book!

________________________

Momoko P.O.V.

We took Kaoru home after hearing she was sick. I was so worried about her. And the worst part about today is I'm stuck working with Brick. The universe is against me, isn't it? As soon as we got home, Kaoru went upstairs to her room. Me and Miyako shared a look.

"I'm worried about her," I heard her whisper. I nod my head.

"Me too"

We silently sit on the couch for the next few minutes. But it wasn't the awkward kind of silence. It was a comfortable one. We just sat there enjoying each other's company. Miyako opened her mouth to say something but we heard something hit the floor. Hard. We looked at each other, concerned. We run upstairs.

"Kaoru! What happened!?" We called from outside. When we didn't get an answer, we tried breaking the door down because it was locked.

"KAORU!!!" We were banging in the door now. Finally I couldn't take it anymore and kicked the door down. We look down in horror to see Kaoru lying there, unconscious.

"Oh my god, Kaoru!" We ran to her and cradled her in our arms. I touched her forehead. She was burning up!

"I think she has a fever." I tell Miyako. She nods and picks Kaoru up, draping her arm over her shoulder.

"I'll put her to bed. You should go get some cloths and cold water." She told me. I turned to leave while Miyako was tucking her in.

I went down to the kitchen and got the cloth and water. I walked back upstairs and opened the door. I stopped and stared at the scene in front of me. Miyako was softly stroking Kaoru's hair. My lips upturned I'm a small smile but it disappeared as soon as it came. I walked in and laid the cloth on her forehead. I then gently nudged Miyako's arm.

"Come on. We should let her rest." I told her. She didn't look away from Kaoru but nodded and slowly got up, eyes not straying from her. She finally looked at me and I saw her eyes were red. We slowly crept through the door and shut it. I hugged Miyako.

"I'm so worried about her," she whispers. "Im worried too. But she's strong. She'll be okay.' At least I hope she will.

We lean on each other as we walk down the stairs and go sit on the couch. Today has been such a rough day. I looked at Miyako staring at the t.v. even though it was closed. My eyes starting drooping and it was hard to keep them open. But soon enough, sleep got me, and I returned to all my nightmares.

Miyako P.O.V.

I can't believe all of this happened. And they've only been here 1 day. 1 DAY! If that's how it's going to be from now on, then we're screwed. I looked at Momoko and saw her sleeping. She must be so tired. She's always taking care of us. I slowly get up, careful not to wake her. I decided to go for a walk. It's been a while since I've done that.

I grab my coat and grab my keys. I reach for the doorknob but stop and look back. I grab the knob and head outside.

...

The air was crisp and cool. The autumn air felt good. I walked to the park that I used to play we used to play in when we were kids. We had such good memories here. I look around and see that nothing has changed since I last came here. There were a few kids playing. A pair of twins and a little boy and girl. I ignore their presence and go sit on the swings.

I sat there wondering if Kaoru and Momoko are okay.

"Hi, lady! What are you doing?" A little kid asks, his head cocked to the side.

"Just thinking." I say back.

"About what?" This kid sure has a lot of questions.

"About life."

"Why?"

"Because I have a really sad one." I tell him.

"You do?" He asks, innocently. I nod my head.

"Can I help make it happy?" My heart melted at that.

"I'm sorry, but this is something you can't help me with." I look at him with sad eyes and ruffle his hair. He giggled and reached out to touched my face.

"It'll get better! I'm sure it will!"

"I hope so." I tell him.

"Can I ask you something?" I nodded.

"Are we friends now? Please say yes!" He asked me with a hopeful expression. I was surprised by this question. But I replied none the less.

"Yes, were friends. You cheered me up when I was sad. Why wouldn't we be?" I tell him.

"YAY!" He exclaimed. A small laugh escapes my lips.

"SEBASTIAN! WE NEED TO GO, HONEY! SAY GOODBYE TO THAT NICE GIRL!" His mom called out to him. He groaned.

"Promise we'll talk to each other again? At this same place?" He held his pinky out. I put my pinky in place with his.

"I promise." I tell him. His mom calls out to him again. He calls back, saying he's coming. Then he unexpectedly hugged me and placed a small kiss on my nose and ran off.

"BYE!" He yelled while running and waving.

I waved back. And then I realized something.

I was smiling. And this was a true genuine smile. Not the fake one I've been using for the past 3 years. Maybe there still is some good in this world.

And with that thought, I walked home, thinking about the little boy that I met, hoping to meet him again.

...

AND THAT'S A WRAP PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! Sorry for the late update. Does anyone here have Tik Tok? If so, then follow me! I make audios and take requests!!!

 Does anyone here have Tik Tok? If so, then follow me! I make audios and take requests!!!

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

If you do have Tik Tok and you follow me, comment #wattsquad. HOPE YOU LIKE THE CHAPTER!!!!!!!