Leaving

This was it.

Today was the day.

You dragged your bags to front of the gate, full of clothes, personal needs (toothbrush, hair brush, etc.), pictures of your family, and not to forget a few weapons, such as Swords, daggers, throwing sticks, and much more. You thanked Tao, who somehow managed to sneak them out of the armory.

After 10 minutes of waiting with your family, the carriage finally arrived.

With tears threatening to fall, you hugged your mother, who had to pry Tao off you.

You watched the servants carry your bags into the carriage. You sighed, and turned around to properly say goodbye.

First was your mother. You hugged her, "I love you, mom. I always will." You said. With tears in her eyes, she just nodded.

You moved onto Woozi, who strangled you in a hug. Tears flowed down his face. You bent down to his level.

"Woozi, I'll come back. I promise. Listen to Ji-yong. When I return, I want to see a handsome, polite prince standing in your place."

He looked up, smiling through his tears.

You moved on to Ji-yong. You hugged him, and he whispered, "It's all my fault. I could've stopped him."

You pull away. "Nobody could've stopped this. It's anything but your fault." You kissed his cheek. You hugged him once more. "I'll miss you."

You felt his tears dampen your hair. "I'll miss you more."

Tears brimming your eyes, you stepped in front of the person you feared to say goodbye.

You took a deep breath. "Tao...."

He suffocated you in a massive hug. "Please don't go! Who am I going to train with, go to the field with, hang with, be without you?!"

Now you felt tears running down your face.

"Don't get into to much trouble." You both smirked at that. You stepped back and turned around, facing the carriage. Your father was too much of a coward to even say goodbye to you.

You stepped into the carriage, leaving your kingdom and your tearful family all in the past.

Sorry how short this is!