8.

Justin's POV
"I didn't know that you knew pink roses were my favorite," Ariana tells me as I opened the restaurant door for her. "You told me one time," I lie to her with a smile. "This place is so nice," she says looking around. The smell of sushi and soy sauce lingered in my nose.

And just for a second, I see Hailey giggling at me as she ate sushi dipped in soy sauce.

"How many?" A host asks me and I blink out of my thoughts. "Party for two," I say and he takes us to a small booth for two people. After we order our drinks, he walks away. "I'm going to be honest with you, I've never tried sushi," she says and I raise my eyebrows. "Really? My g-" I say but stop myself.

I was almost going to say, "my girlfriend loves sushi"

"Yeah I've never tried it, but I've heard good things about it," she says laughing gently and I smile at her as I nod my head. "I think I've gone here multiple times before," I whisper to myself as I looked around. "Everything okay?" She asks and me and I keep getting small glimpses of images in my head.

"It's so spicy!" I hear Hailey saying in my head and I can hear myself laughing at her as she tried wasabi.

"You're the love of my life, you know that?" I hear myself and I hear Hailey giggling along. I feel my heart racing and butterflies in my stomach as I remembered the wonderful memory. My cheeks became warm just thinking about her smile.

I blink a few times and I clear my throat. "Yeah, I'm fine, sorry," I say shaking away the memories and she nods her head. "It's okay," she says and she looks at the menu.

This just didn't feel right. But maybe I'm getting way into my head about it. It all just seems like a dream. I can't remember those memories when I try to think about them, but when I'm put in the situation as in the memory, I vividly remember everything.

"Normally people order the California rolls for their first time," I tell her as she wasn't sure what to order. "It doesn't have raw fish or anything like that," I tell her and she pretends to wipe sweat from her forehead. "Good, I was a bit worried everything had raw fish on it," she says and I shake my head laughing at her worrying.

"Oh I love this song," I hear Ariana say and I put down my menu to look at her. I then hear the song.

'I wish that I could wake up with amnesia, and forget about the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you, and the memories I never can escape.'

Hailey probably feels this song to the heart. I forgot, but I'm sure she wishes she was the one who forgot. We both know she would have never forgotten me. And it hurts her that I did. I bet she wishes she would have forgotten me, so that I could be happier with someone else. Since I guess I didn't really love her as much as she loves me. I don't deserve her.

"It's crazy how a breakup can really hurt someone. To the point where the person wishes they'd never even met them," she says and I nod my head. "It really is," I reply.

***

Opening the front door of the house, I hear faint music in the background playing. I see the bonfire was on in the backyard as I saw the fire lit on.

Setting my keys and wallet on the glass coffee table, I then walk to the back and open the door. The sound of the fire cracking was the only thing heard as well as Hailey's sniffles. I look at her and she quickly wipes away her tears.

"How was it?" She asks me and I close the back door behind me. "It was alright," I say and I see an empty chair next to her. I then sit next to her and she starred at the fire with a blank expression.